• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shapeshifted Druids and Spell-Like Abilities - Quick!

If a druid has a spell-like ability, gained as (for example) part of a prestige class - can they use that ability while Wild Shaped? What about supernatural abilities?

My understanding is that polymorphed characters usually lose SU and SP abilities - but if they're part of a class that grants the ability, I wonder if that rule should apply.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
"You retain all supernatural and spell-like special attacks and qualities of your normal form, except for those requiring a body part that the new form does not have (such as a mouth for a breath weapon or eyes for a gaze attack)."

-Hyp.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
The more you do it, the more you have a better feel for where a rule is likely to be found :)

'sjust practice, really :)

-Hyp.

SteelDraco

First Post
I wonder if this has anything to do with me?

(playing a druid in SavageWombat's game... though I don't have any spell-like abilities that I recall. Druid11/Nature's Warrior3)

Dimwhit

Explorer
So how do you like Nature's Warrior as a PrC? I have a 14th level Druid currently, and I'm thinking of going with WarShaper, but Nature's Warrior was my next choice.

Dimwhit said:
So how do you like Nature's Warrior as a PrC? I have a 14th level Druid currently, and I'm thinking of going with WarShaper, but Nature's Warrior was my next choice.
I'm finding this a tough choice as well (have a 11th level druid).
As the only primary spellcaster in the party, don't want to lose caster level. Nature's Warrior doesn't suffer as badly, but costs a useless feat (Track, which I already get for free in wolf form).
Warshaper would also delay getting advanced wildshape forms (Huge, elemental) because it doesn't have Wilding.
But those first 2-3 levels of Warshaper look so appealing... and the Armor of the Crocodile and Wild Growth abilities look good too.

Hmmm... if I hadn't sunk 2 feats into summoning - maybe taken Improved Grapple instead - then wildshaping PrCs might be a better choice.

Remove ads