Ship-based adventures

I’ll add another plug for the “Savage Tides” in Dungeon Magazine.

I would pair it with either U123 or the republished version “Ghosts of Saltmarsh” to start, and have “Wake of the Sea Wyvern” - an awesome sailing adventure of exploration - as the start of “Savage Tides”. And then maybe go to “Isle of the Ape” or the republished Original Adventures Reincarnated (OAR) version.

“Savage Tides” has OK adventures on the Isle of Dread, gets weird in the pirate port, and goes on to the Abyss. I don’t generally like high level adventures, but it’s an interesting story.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the 3e book Stormwrack. It contains stats for ships and rules for ship to ship combat, plus all you need for running sea-campaigns.

For big naval battles between multiple ships, I would advise looking into Pathfinders Mass Combat rules.

If you are planning to use firearms and cannons, I have an equipment list for that.

Gilladian

Adventurer
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the 3e book Stormwrack. It contains stats for ships and rules for ship to ship combat, plus all you need for running sea-campaigns.

For big naval battles between multiple ships, I would advise looking into Pathfinders Mass Combat rules.

If you are planning to use firearms and cannons, I have an equipment list for that.
Since I’m actually running 3.5, Stormrack is my base go-to. But I am also keeping to a pre- Age-of-sail tech level.

Remove ads