• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Silly Dungeons: Castle Greyhawk

Thomas Kalbfus

First Post
Anyone remember Castle Greyhawk? It was a silly dungeon with 20 levels with absurd and ridiculous Monsters, some taken out of popular culture, characters such as the "Inedible Bulk", "The Amazing Driderman", "Elfin John", and "Pat Minotaur". You think they should publish another silly dungeon like that for laughs?

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Yeah, "fun house" style dungeons were a lot more common in the 70s and 80s. FGG is republishing the classic 70s haunted house module "Tegel Manor" which has some fun house antics, but that is still set within the horror genre. I would like to see some of the silly classics come back. A 5e treatment of the early 80s AD&D modules EX1 (Dungeonland) and EX2 (Through the Looking Glass), based off of Lewis Carol's books, would be welcome. I had a lot of fun running those in high school.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Only if they can schedule the release date on April 1.
Otherwise, EnWorld will explode and take the Internet with it.

the Jester

Legend
Anyone remember Castle Greyhawk? It was a silly dungeon with 20 levels with absurd and ridiculous Monsters, some taken out of popular culture, characters such as the "Inedible Bulk", "The Amazing Driderman", "Elfin John", and "Pat Minotaur". You think they should publish another silly dungeon like that for laughs?

Sure, but let's not name it after one of the most famous adventures in the game's history just to be a jerk to one of the OG creators this time.

The module you're referring to was perhaps the biggest slap in the face that I've ever received from D&D. I was hoping/expecting, you know, ACTUAL CASTLE GREYHAWK INFO, and instead, I got the mithral breadknife of Greyhawk and the goddamn burger wars.

Remove ads