Skull and Bones Campaign Help - Mind's Eyers Keep Out

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Okay, I'm close to getting ready to start my Skull and Bones campaign. This will be the initial email to the players:

GREAT ENCOURAGEMENT

Caribbean War

What a Brilliant Prospect does this Event hold out to every Lad of Spirit, who is inclined to try his Fortune in that highly renowned Undertaking,

Privateering,
When every Thing that swims the Seas must be a

PRIZE!

Thousands are at this moment endeavouring to get on Board ships captained by scoundrels who call themselves Privateers, where they serve without Security or Reputation of any kind whatsoever; so certain does their Chance appear of enriching themselves by PRIZE MONEY! What an enviable Station then must be held by those who join the service of CAPTAIN HANCOCK --- late of the fierce action at Madagascar against PYRATES, where he took FOUR PRIZES and brought them all safely back, with a good and well appointed Ship -- the Ascot Marine -- under him, the Pride and Glory of Old England! Surely every Man of Spirit must blush to remain at Home in Inactivity and Indolence, when his Country and the best of Kings needs his Assistance.

Where then can he have such a fair opportunity of reaping Glory and Riches, as in the Privateering Commission graciously bestowed by our Good King upon Captain Hancock, where he will find himself in the midst of Honour and Glory, surrounded by a set of fine Fellows, Strangers to Fear, and who strike Terror through the Hearts of their Enemies wherever they go! Seeking the Spaniard and the French throughout the islands of the West Indies, seizing their TREASURE SHIPS and returning home enabled to cut a DRAFT on shore that might be envied by a NOBLEMAN!

Long live the King, and Success to his Loyal Privateers.

The Daily Allowance of a sailor upon the Ascot Marine when embarked, is --One Pound of BEEF or PORK,—One Pound of BREAD, —Flour, Raisins, Butter, Cheese, Oatmeal, Molasses, Tea, Sugar,etc, etc. And a Pint of the best WINE or Half a Pint of the best RUM or BRANDY; together with a Pint of LEMONADE. They have likewise in warm Countries, a plentiful allowance of the choicest FRUIT. And what can be more handsome than the Ascot Marine Proportion of PRIZE MONEY, when each Able Seaman gains one and a half shares? The captors share one half of all merchant ships, and of all effects taken by sea or land, without resistance; they share the whole of all ships of war, & of all privateers authorized by foreign governments to war against his Britannic Majesty. They will also receive a bounty of four guineas for every carriage gun then mounted, and of one guinea per head for every man then on board and belonging to such prizes. There are ten shares set apart for the most deserving, with various Advantages, grounded upon resolves of Parliment. Persons of abilities will be promoted in proportion to their diligence and merit; and no equal encouragement can be given in privateers.

For further Particulars, and a more full Account of the many Advantages of this remarkable opportunity, apply to Lieutenant FULCHER, at the EIGHT BELLS, where the Bringer of a Recruit will receive THREE GUINEAS. The Ascot Marine sails as soon as her roster is filled, so there can be no guarantee of space. Do not delay!

S. AND J. RIDGE, PRINTERS, MARKET PLACE, NEWARK​

Snoweel

First Post
trilobite said:
The Mayan Lords of Death, Lords of Xibalba

There are two Lords of Death, One Death and Seven Death...

...House Corner and Blood Gatherer...

...Pus Master and Jaundice Master...

...Bone Scepter and Skull Scepter...

...Trash Master and Stab Master...

...Wing 4 and Packstrap...

...Bloody Teeth and Bloody Claws.

You forgot Method Man, Rza and Ol Dirty...

barsoomcore said:
Thoughts? Huh? Sound fun? Huh?

You sir, are quite a creative young man.

trilobite

Explorer
Piratecat said:
So, has the game started yet? How's it going?

The game starts in two weeks. We just finished The Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil after 2 years and 50 game sessions. The GM of that game is taking a break from GMing and I am starting my Skull and Bones game. I am working at a fever pitch to get ready for the game. I think I will try my hand at a Story Hour once the game gets going.

Last edited:

trilobite

Explorer
CCamfield said:
Can I question your decision to start the game off by taking away the PCs' ship away and marooning them?

I think yall are right about this. So they get to keep their ship for now. I can always maroon them later!! ;)

mmadsen

First Post
trilobite said:
The game starts in two weeks. [...] I am working at a fever pitch to get ready for the game. I think I will try my hand at a Story Hour once the game gets going.
I may have to check out that Story Hour...
trilobite said:
We just finished The Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil after 2 years and 50 game sessions. The GM of that game is taking a break from GMing and I am starting my Skull and Bones game.
Sounds like quite a change of pace...

Remove ads