Small/ large 4 color heroes

However, as one quick note, look on the D20 System Games forum to read the thread there with a title identical to this one's. There are some ideas there. Also, many people have stated that, particularly in D&D, things like improved reach and super speed are underpriced. In modern supers games, where guns and blasters are common, long reach isn't so much of a benefit, but it does help out a lot in fantasy games. It's definitely great to be getting extra playtest feedback, even though it is after the fact. We'll have to consider closely how to use this feedback when we release the Big Book of Super Powers. My gut tells me that it is kinda sloppy to have different prices for different genres, but I think the gamers here are generally right.

Blacksad

Explorer
RangerWickett said:
My gut tells me that it is kinda sloppy to have different prices for different genres, but I think the gamers here are generally right.

You don't have to list the alternate price on the power itself, just in an appendix in a big table, with one column for each setting (Medieval Fantasy, Modern Fantasy, Science Fantasy, Gritty Medieval, Modern, Science Fiction). You would keep the default price on the power description (modern fantasy?).

Remove ads