So ... what comes AFTER mystic theurge?

Jeff Wilder

First Post
My current character is a cloistered cleric 3 / necromancer 3 / mystic theurge 8. It's looking as if we'll actually be going on with this campaign until at least 18th level or so.

What are my best options once I've maxed out mystic theurge? Are there any prestige classes I should look at? Should I just go with more levels of necromancer? (I'm pretty well settled on advancing my arcane casting, assuming I can't advance both.)

WotC sources are preferred, though well-balanced third-party sources are a possibility.

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Honestly, it is my opinion tht the MT class' fine balance requires that no other dual-spellcasting advancement classes are available to the MT after level 10. Which is what I proposed in the system in Secrets of Theurgy.

Thus, I recommend continuing with cleric or wizard... or loremaster.

Shallown

First Post
I would go for the Dweomerkeeper which is in a free supplement for complete divine on the wizards site.

It doesn't give double advancement but the abilities you get are realy useful and it is a class designed for a divine / arcane character.

check it out
later

Pasus Nauran

First Post
I've got a Cloistered Cleric 3 / Abjurer 3 / Mystic Theurge 2 character I've been playing for a while as well. Since my DM expressed his thought that this campaign will take us up to level 20, I've researched what I'd do when I max out Mystic Theurge (I like to plan ahead).

My thoughts are Loremaster, as it goes well with the concept of a very academic character, such as a Cloiseterd Cleric / Wizard. I'm also looking at both Heirophant and Archmage. I'm not as concerned with getting 9th level spells, since a 16th level Mystic heurge has a stupid amount of prepared spells/day, so the special abilities of those PrC's look real nice!

Scion

First Post
Geomancer of course! you get to take the best of all worlds whenever you get your spells. Cast all of your spells in armor!

Plus you get to change your appearance in awkward ways to maybe give you a benefit, it is perfect ;)

Thanee

First Post
Jeff Wilder said:
Dweomerkeeper is perfect. Thanks!

It's also quite broken. Probably the most broken spellcasting PrC out there. ;)

At the very least you would need to house rule the ability to cast spells without XP component (and probably also costly material component) as a supernatural ability.

I really don't know what they were smoking, when they wrote that one up...

Bye
Thanee

Remove ads