• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sorry to waste your time again.

Sniktch

First Post
Yeah, no hard feelings, papa. Just don't let it happen again, we have ways of finding out where you live :D

Just kidding. I invite you to check out any of the threads I've started (see my sig), and I do welcome constructive criticism (emphasis on constructive). If you don't like something or feel it could be written in a better way, let me know. I've got thick skin, and that's part of the reason I started posting here anyway. I'd be happy to do the same for any other writers here, but only if they ask me to. I try not to give out unsolicited advice ;)

(contact)

Explorer
Papa_laz-- By all means write up your campaign and post it here! We'll be glad to see it, and then you can play with formal structure, etc. and see what form you end up with. Fun!

One aspect of these adventure logs that I think is generally undervalued in this forum is their usefulness as nostalgia. Haven't any of you old-timers ever reminisced about campaigns, characters or scenes that are almost lost to the mists of failing memory? That's why I started writing logs, because I wish I'd been writing up the games I was playing when I was 16, or 22.

Enkhidu said:
If you're looking for a rollicking good tongue-planted-firmly-in-cheek read with action, adventure, and death abounding, you simply must read (contact)'s Retro Story Hour - it's a reprint of the thing that got the Story Hour forum started in the first place, . . .

(Piratecat's Updated Story Hour) is a long term campaign log, and has been around almost as long as (contact)'s.

Thank you for the tremendous review. I'm glad that some of y'all are having a little 'delayed blast fun' reading the logs. But as a quick note, Piratecat's story hour was actually the story hour the forum was started for, with mine having the distinction of being the first serial story hour (one post per day), but far from being the first one posted.

The only other story I remember by name from that time was Ranger Wickett's, but I do know there were several others in the forum when Piratecat first posted my logs.

And I was inspired to write them before I'd met Piratecat, or the Story Hour forum even existed, because I'd read the game logs on Eric Noah's old RPG site in the months leading up to the 3rd Edition launch.

the Jester

Legend
Hey papa_laz!

Just wanted to add to the chorus here- I, too, respect you for apologizing and I'd like you to stick around and feel welcome.

Have fun!

papa_laz

First Post
Dr Midnight said:
I also respect and appreciate the apology, and would like to recommend my Knights of Spellforge Keep story hour. Here's an excerpt:
------------------
"GRAH! You bad wizard!" Dartan make yell.

Jamison look mad. "No! You am one who is bad!"

They punch each other repeatedly. In seven minutes, wizard fall down "Ouch!" and Dartan shout victory grunt. Collect treasure of all gold coins in the realm and mate with princess, then prepare for next advenchur. Rah!
------------------

LOL Dr Midnight. That is gold, although probably a bit too detailed for my likings. :D

Thanks all you guys for being cool with my apology. I did for a microsecond consider just making a new account, but I am a man of honour, well I like to think I am. :)

I do intend to post some stuff from my campaign sometime in the near future, but being that I have year 12 exams in a few weeks I will be busy studying.

I had a look at your Story Hour Pirate Cat and thought it was excellent. It is also hilarious in many places, thats some damn good work. I must go check out all the other ones that have been suggested.

Thanks guys.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
papa_laz said:
I had a look at your Story Hour Pirate Cat and thought it was excellent. It is also hilarious in many places, thats some damn good work. I must go check out all the other ones that have been suggested.

While I also appreciate the apology, I don't know how anybody can count themselves qualified to judge the quality of Story Hour without having Piratecat already under his belt. I mean, really..

Look at the page views, man!

Wulf

Henry

Autoexreginated
Papa Laz, it's always nice to find that someone you think is a one-shot troll, actually isn't. Thanks for proving us wrong.

Good luck on exams, and get back here with a story hour!

Y'know, one of these days, I've got to get the ba^H^H guts to post some of our groups' own story hours here. The Star Wars NJO one we ran early this year might be of some interest to others.

WizarDru

Adventurer
Well, papa_Iaz, it takes guts to apologize in the face of such heat. Good for you. Welcome to the boards. I think you'll find that ENWorld is a community, and we tend to expect members to behave in the clubhouse, as it were. ENWorld is also a good friendlier than most boards on the net, and I like to think we're more than willing to forgive someone a 'momentary lapse of reason'. Especially if they have the temerity to own up to their opinions, whether or not they're agreed with.

There are Story Hours for every taste here, and while some may require a little investment in time and effort to get into, they are all worth it. Piratecat, Wulf, Sagiro, Dr. Midnight and many others (such as Zad, who writes "my" story hour) all provide solid entertainment. They range from Journal entries, war stories, comedic episodes and serial adventures. They serve as interesting anecdotes, ideas inspiration and a great way to waste a lunch hour. :)

We're always glad to welcome another friend to the fold. Read on and enjoy.

incognito

First Post
Papa_

Apologies are nice. Really.

Mutliple content heavy posts with insightful commentary on the boards are better still.

I'm sure you'll understand if I look for more of the latter, before I can really accept the former.

...Um, even though I have not been a poster to Story Hour with my own story in quite some time...

Remove ads