• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spiked Chain Training and using a spiked chain as a double weapon

Shin Okada

Explorer
This feat says,

Benefit: You gain proficiency with the spiked chain. You can treat the spiked chain as a double weapon. As a double weapon, each end of the spiked chain is a light blade and deals 2d4 damage. The primary end gains the stout property, and the secondary end gains the off-hand property.

Well are those weapon group (light blade) and properties (stout/off-hand) are added to those spiked chain already has? Or will they replace the original ones?

I mean

1) Added

As a double-weapon, the primary end is Flail and Light Blade, and has Reach and Stout properties. The secondary end is Flail and Light Blade, and has Off-Hand and Reach Properties.

2) Replace

As a double-weapon, the primary end is Light Blade but not Flail, and has Stout property only. The secondary end is also Light Blade but not Flail, and has Off-Hand property only.

DracoSuave

First Post
Correct.

It remains a flail, gains light blade, retains reach, and gains stout on one end, off-hand on the other.

And it also becomes two implements for Swordmages look at me I open cans of worms

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads