• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stamina Points, what do you think?

eduar

First Post
This is a system that occurred to me playing Dark Souls and Skyrim, to try to solve the eternal problem between martial classes and spellcasters.

The system is intended for use in conjunction with the metamartial feats, when you use some of this or any other ability that consume BAB like power attack, instead you consume the equivalent stamina points (SP), this allow to use more freely this kind of abilities without reducing chances of hit.

Some restriction, you can't expend more SP than you total BAB (combining EAB) in a single hit.
All the classes lose their iterative attacks if you want to do multiple attacks you need to use Quicken Attack

Now this is how classes gain SP, is too simplistic, classes with high BAB progression use same table that use Psion for Power Points per day, and classes with medium BAB progression use the table for Psichic Warrior, classes with poor progression doesn't gain SP.
You gain bonus SP according to your Con modifier.
Some feats maybe converted but I'm not pretty sure how, the only one that I'm sure is Improved Manifestation (3.5 version).

Now some problems are that some feats need adjustments like Two Weapon Fighting, or what to do with monsters, they need or should have SP?

I hope someone can use it and help me with the plat test, right now I'm without table to play. And well what do you think? critics, suggestions, is to broken?

Howdy eduar! :)

eduar said:
This is a system that occurred to me playing Dark Souls and Skyrim,

Only one good game there - Dark Souls. ;)

Skyrim is a video game for people who can't play video games. :p

to try to solve the eternal problem between martial classes and spellcasters.

The system is intended for use in conjunction with the metamartial feats, when you use some of this or any other ability that consume BAB like power attack, instead you consume the equivalent stamina points (SP), this allow to use more freely this kind of abilities without reducing chances of hit.

Some restriction, you can't expend more SP than you total BAB (combining EAB) in a single hit.
All the classes lose their iterative attacks if you want to do multiple attacks you need to use Quicken Attack

Now this is how classes gain SP, is too simplistic, classes with high BAB progression use same table that use Psion for Power Points per day, and classes with medium BAB progression use the table for Psichic Warrior, classes with poor progression doesn't gain SP.
You gain bonus SP according to your Con modifier.
Some feats maybe converted but I'm not pretty sure how, the only one that I'm sure is Improved Manifestation (3.5 version).

Now some problems are that some feats need adjustments like Two Weapon Fighting, or what to do with monsters, they need or should have SP?

I hope someone can use it and help me with the plat test, right now I'm without table to play. And well what do you think? critics, suggestions, is to broken?

The big problem with this idea is that you are adding another layer of complexity to a system that is already complex enough.

I think the metamartial rules I added to Ascension do pretty much the same thing for the martial classes.

But the idea is going to require a ton of work to get balanced, especially on the spellcasting side of things (and is again already overshadowed by the metamagic ruleset).

Remove ads