Stargate Atlantis - Season 5, Episode 1: Search and Rescue

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
She's pursuing a series of her own that she started on the side. Don't recall the name, but its on her Wiki page.

The fact that they [the directors] are putting Woolsey in charge is questionable. Robert Picardo is a great actor, but I've seriously grown to hate Woolsey. I'll watch a couple more episodes and if things go south, I'll be washing my hands of Stargate.

Andre

First Post
DAMMIT! Taking out Carter after only 1 season?! :mad:

I realize I'm in the minority, but I preferred Weir to Carter in Atlantis. Carter is a great character in SG1, but she never seemed to fit into Atlantis. She only got a couple chances to shine last season, mostly just being on the sidelines.

The fact that they [the directors] are putting Woolsey in charge is questionable. Robert Picardo is a great actor, but I've seriously grown to hate Woolsey. I'll watch a couple more episodes and if things go south, I'll be washing my hands of Stargate.

I'm not hopeful about Woolsey - he's a decent guy, but mainly a political operator who's always aware which way the wind is blowing. I suspect they intend to use the character to add some internal conflict to the series, but I prefer the tight-knit group we had the first couple seasons.

However, I'll wait and see. The producers of SG1 and SGA have impressed me so often in the past, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

RichCsigs

First Post
It didn't surprise me at all. I thought it was common knowledge that Amanda Tapping was only there because she had one more season on her contract. I thought that even got discussed on this site. Maybe I'm remembering wrong...

Brown Jenkin

First Post
Woolsey could be interesting to have in charge. In the past he has been all by the book, but whenever he actually looks into things he understand the reasoning. I think they can have some good storylines where Woolsey is forced to make desicions himself that he has to make those kind of tough choices and we as an audience get to see him grow.

Staffan

Legend
I agree that Wolsey has the potential to be interesting. In the past, he has seemed to be an honorable man - sure, he's been an antagonist on occasion, but his motives have generally been honorable, and lately he's usually been on the side of the SGC.

Of course, he's not a military person, but neither was Weir.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Wolsey as a character has potential for good team drama and inner conflict. Lots to explore. How many people really liked Rodney when he was a early guest on SG-1?

Remove ads