• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Subscription issues

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
There's something weird going on with my subscription here and the paypal I've been paying it from. Am I showing up as a subscriber right now and what does it say the expiry date is? Either I'm seeing an expiry date that can't be true or paypal paid for a longer subscription than technically possible (as in, there was never even that much money there).

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Eeek.
4-month Copper Subscription
6th June 2012 to 6th February 2014

That makes no sense. What happened back on 6th June? Is that when you subscribed?

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Yeah, 6th June 2012 is when I renewed it after a pause. After that I've just been letting the paypal account redo it automatically. I remember last time I checked it was late in December 2012. Somwhere between that and now it's gone wonky. I haven't checked the paypal yet, but it should only have had enough to renew it up to May of this year tops. Certainly not 2014.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Could you check for me exactly what has been paid by PayPal since June 2012? As a 4-month sub, there should only be three payments - in June, October, and February.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Could you check for me exactly what has been paid by PayPal since June 2012? As a 4-month sub, there should only be three payments - in June, October, and February.
Ok, those are all there. There's €0 on the account right now, so that should have been that, but in addition to those there's also a still active 4-month subscription that hasn't been cancelled or completed for some odd reason. Do I cancel that, and then re-subscribe in May when the latest 4-month one ends?

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Could you check..
A continuation on this. I cancelled the subscription, and restarted it. The credit card claims that the new payment left June 6, and Paypal that it went out June 27. I don't know why it would have taken that long for either. My Paid Subscriptions profile here still claims an end date of 2014, but testing this by giving out xp I only give out 1 which would suggest I don't currently have one active.

Alarian

First Post
I hate to say it but I gave up on my subscription. I had a fair amount of trouble getting it started last year (I paid, I just didn't get credit here for almost a month and multiple email inquiries). Then around the time of all the troubles here with the hacking, my subscription disappeared again and I was never able to get a response to my inquiries and so I canceled my paypal auto-renew subscription in frustration.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
A continuation on this. I cancelled the subscription, and restarted it. The credit card claims that the new payment left June 6, and Paypal that it went out June 27. I don't know why it would have taken that long for either. My Paid Subscriptions profile here still claims an end date of 2014, but testing this by giving out xp I only give out 1 which would suggest I don't currently have one active.

There's clearly some mismatch there between your card and PayPal - your CC says it was 3 weeks before PayPal does?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I hate to say it but I gave up on my subscription. I had a fair amount of trouble getting it started last year (I paid, I just didn't get credit here for almost a month and multiple email inquiries). Then around the time of all the troubles here with the hacking, my subscription disappeared again and I was never able to get a response to my inquiries and so I canceled my paypal auto-renew subscription in frustration.

Sorry to hear that! I don't recall any inquiries from you, let alone multiple ones. Which email address were you sending to?

Remove ads