• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Supreme Commander demo

Cergorach

The Laughing One
Thanks for the info twisted B!

Played the first mission for 105 minutes, must say, it's interesting. Currently running it at 2 monitors (2x1600*1200), nice feature that uses both monitors. Looks good, runs well, has lots of promise. Still getting used to the controls, would love to be able to zoom in more...

Need sleep, play some more tomorrow, report more asap.

TwistedBishop

First Post
I only played it for about 30 minutes yesterday. Seriously killing my system with its Pentium4 3.2 and Geforce 6800XT, so it's hard to make a real judgement on the game (aside from the fact that you'll want a current computer for it).

I did really like scrolling in and out from the tactical map. However it meant I wasn't getting to watch a lot of the battles. Things aren't quite as thrilling when you can't watch the highly detailed units fighting.

Yeah, that kinda kills the point of all the eye candy. You have to zoom so far out to have any situational awareness, you can't see the units too well. Only played the first scenario, but I was underwhelmed. I didn't see anything I hadn't seen before.

Remove ads