Tabletop Gaming News for Tuesday, 16 April, 2013

Dungeons & Dragons News An Autocorrect Nightmare by James Wyatt -- "Modrons and slaads are the topic of this week’s discussion in Wandering Monsters. What does James have to say about them? Come find out, and then give us an idea of what you want to see from these creatures." Pathfinder RPG News http://paizo.com/image/content/PathfinderBattles/SkullAndShackles-Rosie_180.jpegThe final...

[h=3]Dungeons & Dragons News[/h]
  • An Autocorrect Nightmare by James Wyatt -- "Modrons and slaads are the topic of this week’s discussion in Wandering Monsters. What does James have to say about them? Come find out, and then give us an idea of what you want to see from these creatures."

[h=3]Pathfinder RPG News[/h]
  • The final installment of the Pathfinder Comic issue #1 is up on the Paizo blog.
  • New Skull & Shackles Pathfinder Battles minis revealed in Erik Mona's weekly blog.

[h=3]EN World News[/h]
  • One of the stand-outs this week in Pretty Darn Fun (a look at new PDFs) is a scanned copy of an rpg that was released in 1974...and not put out by TSR, at least not until they got the rights and released it in 1975. It's an interesting look back at the beginnings of rpgs. In addition to this gem, we have 9 other new rpg PDFs, some new WotC rereleases, some new adventures and an interesting Spotlight of the Week.
  • Southern Oracle presents two templates for 3.5 D&D, the bipedal animal and the incandescent. Incandescents are linked to the Positive Energy Plane, and bipedal animals are native to the Beastlands, as they exemplify Nature’s evolutionary progress.
  • In Game Design 105, Challenger RPG looks at the concept of Balance.

[h=3]Community News[/h]
  • Play Board Games has reviewed Sedition Wars. Sedition Wars is a sci-fi, horror themed miniatures war game. You play as either the human Vanguard or the alien Strain. Meet your objectives before your opponent and win.
  • The Kyngdoms has released the third in their three part series on the gangs of Blackfen. This week they take a look at the South Fen Boys, the most recent of the gangs and who have ignited a war with the Westons as they challenge for control of the important Old Palisade Town criminal markets.
  • I don't know if it's my Google Reader, but after nearly a month suddenly I'm seeing 11 articles at Gnome Stew, all seemingly added yesterday. I'm assuming the RSS feed was on the blink or something, because the dates on the site itself say otherwise. Anyhow, I won't list them all, but head over and check them out.
  • Kobold Press has some mutated goblins and worgs for you (Pathfinder). The CR 2 Bitewing Goblins and CR3 Shadow Worg are sure oot find a place in your game!
  • Sly Flourish looks at three villains from [the TV show] Deadwood and discusses how they might act and react in your unpredictable character-focused D&D game.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads