Tales around the Campfire

WizWrm

First Post
Elial tenses, glancing left and right as he slowly takes two steps back. He taps his axe's handle against the palm of his left hand.

"Where's something I can fight?" he asks, squinting into the darkness. Elial takes a one-handed swing backwards towards a low-flying bird, but misses. He curses angrily.

Spot 11, Listen 13

Sparky

Elial gets his wish sooner than expected. The flock of birds thins and the darkess passes overhead. A chill settles over the village and in all of your bones. A red light glows out from above the ... creature. It's a living thing. Roughly oval with a long trailing tail that ends in a massive spike. There's no way of judging the scale of it. The edges of the oval ripple with its passage.

It's massive, a dark blot on the cloudy sky above.

In a blink it's seemingly slow, rippling flight carries it past the town and all is quiet. A shriek to the north draws everyone's attention.

Ferrix

Explorer
Slate watches, fascinated in some morbid sense with whatever that creature was. His gloved hands clenched, he begins to walk north towards the sound.

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
Hella

Hella glances at the others, then leans over and whispers urgently in Dross' ear.

"Guard!" she says, patting her chest lightly. The dog whines a little. The hackles along its back are still raised. Hella pats his head a couple of times reassuringly.

"So, follow Slate it seems."

DrZombie

First Post
Mustafah ducks, and whimpers when the dragon flies over. He then straightens up and, safely out of earshot, preens and puffs up his chest. "Hahaa, flee, we'll get you later, you oversized lizard."

He thne follows Slade, looking around to see what the screaming was all about.

Sparky

The massive creature glides silently by and as the group presses forward a trail of glittering red dust floats down in the wake of the beast. Stumbin stares skyward, mesmerized by the falling red dust as he moves along. Dross all but stands on Hella's feet, wavering between a growl and a whine as the group rounds a corner.

Slate is the first to see several rotted corpses clawing their way out of the earth near the village shrine. A door nearby slams.

Three shambling, fetid creatures are already out of the ground, their faces covered with blood from feasting on the bodies of the dead birds that litter the small, once-tidy graveyard.

Initiatives please.

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
Hella na Haerad

ooc: Initiative: 10.

Hella stumbles. For a moment her mind refuses to to take in what it sees. A small whimper escapes her throat. The shame burns through her, and burns away the parallisis.

"The restless dead," she breathes. Hella had never seen them before.
But like everyone, had heard of them. And she had heard that they felt the bite of cold steel just like at the living. At least the weaker kind do.

The sound of the slaming door echos in her memory. She glances over in the direction that it came from.

ooc: If they are well outside charge range, Hella will drive her sword into the turf in front of her and use her sling.
* range +6 sling (1d3+1, x2, 50 ft.)

If they are just outside charge range, Hella will throw her axe then charge with her sword.
* range +6 axe (1d4+1, x2, 20 ft.)
* melee +6 greatsword (1d10+2, 19-20x2) Charge bonus included.

If they are inside charge range, Hella will charge.
Dross will (hopefully) stay with her and fight alongside her.

Ferrix

Explorer
Initiative: 7

Slate, unprepared for facing the living dead, slips the spiked chain from around his neck, feeling it's weight in his hands, he holds his ground.

OOC: hopefully we can get this going again

DrZombie

First Post
Mustafah, init 12, ac 14, hp6

Mustafah draws his rapier, and circles , trying to set up a flank-attack with Hella for whatever it is taht comes crawinlg outta the ground.
"Faugh, restless dead. They're hard to kill and don't usually have anything worth taking. Let's get back inside and see if we can defend the inn. We're out in the open here."

Sparky

Pulling the plug

Hey folks - you might have seen this coming. I'm gonna go ahead and stop this game. I appreciate the time, attention and creativity that you've given here and I still really like the concept, but I can't prioritize enough attention to properly (or even half-heartedly) run a PbP game.

I really appreciate your contributions and will keep a sad little candle burning for all of your orphaned stories.

[repeated in the OOC thread]

Remove ads