Tales of the Valiant - The Valiant 6

Elodan

Adventurer
PDF previews of six ToV character sheets.

Looks like parts have been purposely omitted. Love that they use adventurer motivation instead of quirks, bonds, and flaws.

Not a details man. I’m sure someone can figure out some of the changes.

Von Corellon

Adventurer
IMG_9534.webp

Artwork is excellent - downloaded Cleric to get the details. Thanks!

Setting aside the practicality of the breastplate, all I can figure is that she's wearing something like this underneath:

View attachment 359980
Do we have to set aside the armor? Because I'm concerned about the liver damage she'll inflict on herself just sitting down in that outfit.

And while we're at it, where are the handles on that scythe? Those aren't optional, you can't just hold it by the shaft and swing it around like a baseball bat.

Meech17

Adventurer
And while we're at it, where are the handles on that scythe? Those aren't optional, you can't just hold it by the shaft and swing it around like a baseball bat.
Fantasy Scythes intended for battle have always done this weird thing. Actual battle/war scythes didn't have much of a hook. Instead the blade was usually pointed upwards, more like a polearm.

I'd imagine this is due to the grim reaper always being depicted carrying a scythe, which for him was more symbolic rather than practical. He's the reaper of souls.. So he has the reaping tool. Having handles jutting out of the mid and bottom of it would look less cool though, so they're just omitted. It doesn't matter for him as much, considering he's not fighting anyone.. Instead just being... menacing.

Then that carried over into fantasy it seems. I remember seeing scythes in EverQuest before ever actually knowing what a real one looked like, or how it was intended to be used.

Remove ads