Test

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Testing something. Which one is best?

This is a new poll type. Instead of voting for specific items via a checkbox, you 'upvote' and 'downvote' poll options using the arrows to the side.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
My use-case for this is those polls where people vote for their favourites, I think this is an alternate way to do that. I don't think up and downvoting has any place in conversations, but if used strictly for ranking polls, it could be a fun tool. Which 5E adventure is best, that sort of thing.

The main problem at the moment is that conversation is mixed in with the actual voting entities, as both are strictly simply 'posts'. Which rather defeats the purpose.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
My use-case for this is those polls where people vote for their favourites, I think this is an alternate way to do that. I don't think up and downvoting has any place in conversations, but if used strictly for ranking polls, it could be a fun tool. Which 5E adventure is best, that sort of thing.

The main problem at the moment is that conversation is mixed in with the actual voting entities, as both are strictly simply 'posts'. Which rather defeats the purpose.
I understand. I think as a strict poll alternative this isn’t that good. For a provide your own idea type thread, having some way to see the most popular ideas would be amazing. Like there’s a how to nerf the wizard+ thread. If the ideas could be voted like this then sorted by popularity that would be really helpful IMO.

I realize not the use case you imagine and also some potential downsides, but that’s where I see the best use case.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
I see the numbers now; I assume each is an aggregate total of that post's up- and down-votes.

Is there a way to split out the up and down totals, so as to get a sense of how many total votes an option received? For example, right now next to @FrogReaver's post (#25, above) I see a '1', but there's no way of knowing if that represents "up 1-0 down" or "up 43-42 down".

The other neat trick would be to only have the up-down arrows appear next to the poll options or ideas rather than every post in the thread.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I see the numbers now; I assume each is an aggregate total of that post's up- and down-votes.

Is there a way to split out the up and down totals, so as to get a sense of how many total votes an option received? For example, right now next to @FrogReaver's post (#25, above) I see a '1', but there's no way of knowing if that represents "up 1-0 down" or "up 43-42 down".

The other neat trick would be to only have the up-down arrows appear next to the poll options or ideas rather than every post in the thread.
Sorry, I don’t write software, I just use it. I can’t change how it works.

Remove ads