• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Testing interest: A Tale of Might

Walking Dad

First Post
Climate is kind of whatever it needs to be. I was thinking a fairly jungly start, so that fits. As far as Animal Companions and the like go, either the creature is outside the slave mines, or you meet it once you escape - you wouldn't start with one (although the Exp. Might familiars might work in captivity).
Then starting with the Wildshape and the Magic Senses (or Healing Touch if we have no other healer) discipline and buying animal companion later?

Dr Simon

Explorer
WD: That would work - can't recall offhand about "buying" the abilities, although I think they cost a feat (which you get every level).

Hmm... Looks like the other interested parties have bowed out, but I did propose a possible solo adventure, so, interested?

Shayuri

First Post
I haven't bowed out yet!

Okay, now I will.

Sorry. I really wanted to play, but I don't know when/if I'll be able to get the Experimental Might rules, so...

Have fun!

Voadam

Legend
I'm a bit interested, I own both BoXMs, IH, and AE in pdf but I'm waiting on getting the contents of my hard drive restored after the motherboard on my old computer burnt out. I have not read them through thoroughly though so I'm not currently up to speed on their non magical options other than a vague memory of the hp/grace thing and the spellcasting variant in BoXM (20 spell levels plus some at will abilities).

Shayuri

First Post
I'd be more willing to buy them if more games used them...but it's hard for me to justify buying a book or two for one PBP game. PBP's are pretty unstable, by their nature.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Not my PBPgames :p

I can appreciate that. I only picked them up because (a) I'm an inveterate tinkerer of rules, (b) they didn't cost much and (c) I like the stuff that Monte does (which I was pleased to discover goes both ways when he tweeted in praise of the Lazy GM products :cool:)

Voadam: I'm not fully conversant with the BOXM stuff myself, having read through a few times thinking "interesting..." but never used them. Briefly, the non-spellcasting stuff from BOXM2 - mostly for fighters although monks and rogues can make some use of the ideas. Fighting domains give a selection of feats to cover fighting styles, and a bonus ability if you have a certain number of domain feats. Feat boosts are a per day ability that extend the power of some feats. Double feats require two feat slots to take (so fighters only). Uberfeats require you to give up some lower level feats for a "finishing move" kind of feat. More feats generally (a few "borrowed" from AE).

Remove ads