The Black Hand: Playing the Sabbat

Moon (Khaldoun Khelil)

Khaldoun Khelil
Our first V5 book for the Storyteller's Vault is published.

Thank you to my incredible co-authors, Rachel Judd and Sarah Rubino, and the incomparable Mark Kelly for his amazing cover art.
And a special thanks to all fans, friends, and play testers that helped make it happen.

I'm happy to talk about the book and the Sabbat more generally in V5 in this thread.

LINK: The Black Hand: Playing the Sabbat - White Wolf | DriveThruRPG.com

The Black Hand: Playing the Sabbat is a Player's Guide and Storyteller resource for the Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition Roleplaying Game. This book is a comprehensive guide to the selfless and inhuman warriors of the Sabbat for V5.

Mature Warning: contains graphic and written content of a mature nature, including violence, sexual themes, and strong language. Reader discretion is advised.

Features:
  • 135 page full color PDF
  • Detailed Safe Play section for The Sabbat
  • New Chronicle Tenets, Predator Types, and Ritae
  • Over 20 new Discipline Powers and 18 Loresheets
  • How to run a Sabbat Pack with 12 Pack Types
  • Makes full use of Sabbat: The Black Hand for V5
  • Detailed rules for Sabbat Paths of Enlightenments
  • The return of House Goratrix, Revenants, and more
To bridge an abyss, a sword is required.
But nothing is gained without leaving something behind.
If the prize is everything...
How much of yourself would you cut away?

v5_The_Black_Hand_CoverSilver.jpg

MGibster

Legend
I've only run one V5 campaign so far, back in 2019, and I built the Sabbat as the boogey men. I'm not sure I can switch gears and have them as PCs.

Moon (Khaldoun Khelil)

Khaldoun Khelil
I think the Sabbat work well as antagonists in V5 and as an author on the V5's Sabbat: The Black Hand, I certainly respect any group that only wants to use them that way. This book The Black Hand: Playing the Sabbat, is for gaming groups that want to play Sabbat PCs. It takes a lot of inspiration from the 1e/2e Player's Guide to the Sabbat and builds on the foundations of V5's metaplot. It's not an alternate timeline.

We've gotten very good feedback so far and I'll link to one of the book's reviews that I felt was detailed and fair:

Storytellers Vault - The Black Hand: Playing the Sabbat Reviews

Remove ads