• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"The Dead Don't Die" - Netflix Movie

Ryujin

Legend
I know that the zombie apocalypse genre is pretty played out, at this point, But occasionally you get a gem like "Zombieland", or "Pride, and Prejudice, and Zombies." "The Dead Don't Die", which was just released on Netflix, might well be one of these. It has a stellar cast and is, as with many of the other better recent entries to the genre, is a comedy. Bill Murray and Adam Driver play small town cops, Tilda Swinton is the very strange new Scottish mortician, Tom Waits is the local crazy guy in the woods, Steve Buscemi is a much disliked farmer, Danny glover owns the local hardware store, and Iggy Pop pretty much plays himself, as a zombie. It's full of deadpan humour, running gags, and Fourth Wall breaks.

R_J_K75

Legend
It is one of the best movies I've seen in the last 10 years. But I'm biased as I'm a Bill Murray fan. The more you watch it you catch little subtleties such as at the beginning when Ronnie says "Its the Theme Song".

Ryujin

Legend
It is one of the best movies I've seen in the last 10 years. But I'm biased as I'm a Bill Murray fan. The more you watch it you catch little subtleties such as at the beginning when Ronnie says "Its the Theme Song".
That was the first 4th Wall break that I noticed :)

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
There was a summer all my friends would say to me is, "hey...you heard of this Sturgill Simpson guy?" So that was a real treat for me. I do love me some Jim Jarmusch films.

Remove ads