The new title bar makes it almost impossible to read ENWorld on my iPhone

Riley

Legend
I'd post a screen grab if I could, but in short:

When I zoom in the screen enough to read the text Jan world, it's the new title bar grows in size so much that it eats up more than half of my iPhone screen.

Also, I had to dictate this message, because I cannot read the text box I'm trying to enter this message. Apologies for any missed transcriptions.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
That's an unexpected bug in the upgrade. Aware of and looking into it.

I always recommend Tapatalk for mobile browsing though. The site has always been very awkward to use in web view on a small mobile screen; vbulletin simply doesn't do that very well.

Riley

Legend
Did you do something in the last
few hours? The title bar now (only?) takes up a quarter of my screen.

It's a slight improvement. However, I'm still having trouble writing this message, because as my current sentence went past 'this', and until the start of 'sentence', everything I wrote disappeared under the smileys and the Santiago announcement. Same thing in any other long sentence/paragraph.

Morrus, you mention Tapatalk, but up until today I never had any trouble with ENWorld on my iPhone or iPad; I'm also not very fond of apps as browser substitutes. I've found that I rarely use the ones I've installed.

At any rate, thanks for your ongoing help / service.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
No, I haven't done anything to it. I just need to find out how to disable the expanding behaviour of it. I've submitted a bug report with the software developers.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
I did it with AdBlock. You have to check your notifications separately, but it's totally worth it, in my opinion. The bar is just terrible.

Well, it's nice to give the site ad revenue, but yeah, the bar is terrible. Is adblock for any browser, or just firefox? I'd prefer to keep IE as my main browser if possible. Also...I don't suppose adblock gets rid of the giant column to the right that squishes posts insanely narrow? That'd also be awesome to get rid of, but the column has both ads and content/topics lists, so I figured it was unavoidable.

JamesonCourage

Adventurer
Well, it's nice to give the site ad revenue, but yeah, the bar is terrible. Is adblock for any browser, or just firefox? I'd prefer to keep IE as my main browser if possible. Also...I don't suppose adblock gets rid of the giant column to the right that squishes posts insanely narrow? That'd also be awesome to get rid of, but the column has both ads and content/topics lists, so I figured it was unavoidable.
Morrus told me to use AdBlock when it looked like the bar was sticking around, so I think it's fine (I said I was waiting for a reply before using it, and site revenue was part of my reasoning). I'm using AdBlock with Chrome, but I imagine blocking the bar would work with any browser. Under "add your own filters", I put "enworld.org###multix". That got rid of the bar completely.

I'm not sure about the bars on the site. They're only a couple inches on my laptop (with is a 15 inch screen), so they don't take up a lot of space. They're still there with AdBlock on, but the "Visit Our Sponsors" section doesn't have any links. Other than that it's the same.

Remove ads