The original Inhabitants of Cania...

Cleon

Legend
Leaning towards #3 - wondering whether too complex overall - maybe just making it do extra psychic damage (half if saved)

suggest damage should be 4d10 (like the psychic rebuke...?)

That seems too much damage, since it's a Reaction rather than an Action I feel the psychic assault of Psychic buff should be a significantly less lethal than Psychic Rebuke. Maybe 2d10 or so?

That seems a bit miserly, so maybe 13 (2d8 + 4)?

Hold on, I forgot that Psychic Rebuke stuns for a round, which is a really nasty effect, so a decent amount of damage is a bit more reasonable.

Perhaps 17 (2d12 + 4) to give the dodecahedron some love?

Hmm, if you favour simplicity, how about this alternative:

Psychic Pack Attack. If the black locust is mindmerging with an allied black locust that attacks a creature, the locust can use its reaction to either give the attacked creature disadvantage on saving throws against the allied locust's attack or add 15 (2d10 + 4)? psychic damage to the attack.​

I like that name better than Psychic Rebuke, as it makes it clear the attack involves more than one black locust.

Casimir Liber

Adventurer
simplicity is better I think. I had to read the alternatives a few times to parse.

So psychic pack attack it is - and 17 (2d12 + 4) damage

Cleon

Legend
simplicity is better I think. I had to read the alternatives a few times to parse.

So psychic pack attack it is - and 17 (2d12 + 4) damage

I prefer 15 (2d10 + 4) as fifteen is such a beautiful number and 17 feels slightly too high for me.

Though the decision is up to you since, as already stated, they're your babies.

Undead insectile ice babies from Hell, but nobody's perfect.

Cleon

Legend
Okay, we've still got Psychic Punch, Create Homuncoloid, Frosty Step and Brace to either drop or add to the Enworld version.

I'm not feeling energetic enough to start on that, so it'll have to wait for another occasion.

Remove ads