ZEITGEIST The Rites of Rulership, Monarch of the Masses

Andrew Moreton

Adventurer
I admit I forgot about the monarchs ability when I designed the Mimic, my players did not. They carefully left the mimic alone untill all other opposition had been eliminated. It was highly amusing.
If you do not want the monarch to travesty the fight rule that the rites only work vs Sentient opponents(Dragons, Titans stray Demon Lords that sort of thing)
And yes for the roof fight I insisted they were back to normal. I seem to recall they were doing something dodgy with the ownership of the island to weaken the shield around it and may have made it the Eladrin embassy or something

Crispy120286

Explorer
That makes sense, I recall that as well when reading your recaps. My players havent done anything besides call Stafield out. I think they could take it on without being powered up. They are long time D&D and Pathfinder veterains and despite claiming otherwise, their characters are all very optimized / min-maxed.

Andrew Moreton

Adventurer
That is why I used buffed stats I had very optimised pc's , I always do and plan for it. The only problem would be if I had one player who did not optimise so well but fortunatly they are all good. I always consider my objective except maybe in major finales is to scare and not kill pc's.
Although last week I gratuitously killed a pc but that was because unknown to the other players that character could spontaneously reincarnate so no harm done

I'd argue that a mimic is not a threat to the nation that would trigger the rites. Nor a mechanical dragon being deployed basically as an attack dog.

In the campaign, it's really for the titans.

Remove ads