The Time Traveler's Wife Season 1 (Spoilers)

Stalker0

Legend
So I gave this miniseries a look, based mainly for Rose Leslie (who I loved from GoT).

I will say its a neat show. It comes across as a classic "romance show", but I think its actually a very interesting premise. The time travel with the multiple people at the same time was done very well, and its an interesting (and very true take) on how you can love someone at one point in their life, but wouldn't love their younger self.... the notion that we as people do change over time, sometimes to the point of almost becoming different people.

My only complaint, I think its episode 2 of the show that tries to reiterate, "this is not the story of a time traveler, its the story of the time traveler's wife.".... however to me the story is clearly more about Henry than Claire. With a few exceptions, the bulk of the show is shown from his perspective, we see his thoughts and life much more often than we see hers. I don't have an issue with that, but it felt weird that they made that strong statement when I just don't consider it true. You could say its his story, you could say its their story, but saying its hers just doesn't feel right.

Remove ads