These spammers?

ThorinTeague

Creative/Father/Professor
There's a lot of spam getting through. I'm sure you're aware. A bunch of eastern characters. Couldn't tell you if it's chinese, japanese, korean... I don't know if you have an easy way to use sms authentication or at least make new users wait until after being verified to post something. Just thinking out loud....

aco175

Legend
I never block anyone but these people. It clears up the page pretty fast. I know the mods do a good job, usually within a hour or so.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
As I observed just now, the "posts" start out with 2-Arabic-character titles e.g. r3 or f7 and contain two different characters e.g. y8 or 6r as the body of the post. Ten minutes or so later the same posts change both in title and content to a bunch of mostly-Asian characters (not sure which language), which is a very neat trick.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yeah, they continue to develop new tricks. The automated spam defences are always a step behind!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
As I observed just now, the "posts" start out with 2-Arabic-character titles e.g. r3 or f7 and contain two different characters e.g. y8 or 6r as the body of the post. Ten minutes or so later the same posts change both in title and content to a bunch of mostly-Asian characters (not sure which language), which is a very neat trick.

Sometimes they are two characters, sometimes there are three.

The neat trick is really just a bot using the edit function in a programmatic way.

Remove ads