• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E This has been asked many times....Advanced Fire Arms -- Rapid Reload

Adimus

First Post
I think the mechanics work just fine. Yeah, the reload should actually be longer but just like everyone else is saying, that it makes them essentially unusable. Which, is sort of correct in real life. Early firearms were, unless you had alot of them or were on a battlefield where there were a: lots of targets and b: plenty of time to take shots.
I do allow rapid reload to work for firearms, but the few firearms users I've seen tend to use them the way they were historically used: fire, drop it, draw sword. OR in the case of a gun-slinger: Fire, quickdraw another, fire, reload or draw another while taking cover. You can even open battle dual-wielding and get a good three shot opening round. Pirates used to carry several loaded pistols into battle for just this reason; it's takes time to reload that in close quarters with sword-wielding folk you really don't have. It's expensive to do it that way but that's the name of the game for gunslinger.
For advanced firearms, I can see maybe a breach-loader being faster (we don't use advanced but I think I might make reload a swift with rapid reload), but it does take time to replace revolver rounds, so I would treat it the same.

Remove ads