TMP: Alien and Mutant Races

T

Tharivious_Meliamne

Originally posted by Ssussunriyh
I take that the Empyrean pictured is sipping a Shirley Temple, rather than a martini?

As the artist behind said illustration, I can give a firm 'maybe' to that one. I honestly don't know what drinks go in which type of glass or what most of them look like, being a 19 year old in New York state who doesn't spend time focusing on alcoholic beverages. I just kind of got inspiration to draw the Empyrean with a drink in hand, saw something similar to that as an emoticon on MSN, and went with it :embarrass

I also wrote up the two mutant races and the Genpaklah/Glimparu aliens. Pou, I'll be PMing you with the name to attach shortly for those (Would have done so by now, but I missed the request for it before today). If there's a demand for stats for those five races, I can write something up on request.

S

Ssussunriyh

Pou, it makes no difference to me. *shrug* Sign it with my initials: P.E.W.

Tharivious, here's a crash course in mixology: A martini is gin or vodka, sometimes with a touch of vermouth, served in a glass like the one pictured, with an olive (the green ones stuffed with red pimento.) My father once described the taste of a martini as "rocket fuel."

A Shirley Temple is a non-alcoholic mixed drink. I'm not sure exactly what's in it, but it's sweet and served with a cherry, again in the kind of glass shown in the picture.

So, if the glass contains clear liquid and a green olive, it's a martini. If the contents are reddish-orange, with a bright red marachino cherry, it's a Shirley Temple.

T

Tharivious_Meliamne

Makes sense then, and shows how little I know about drinks. Thanks for the info though, probably good to know those things at some point...

I could edit the Empyrean image to suit if need be, wouldn't be too hard since I still have the BMP it was created as.

Now if I could just get that Glimparu image I'm working on to look right...

S

Ssussunriyh

Then again, the colors as described for a Shirley Temple might also apply to a Manhattan, which is an alcoholic drink. In fact, I think a Shirley Temple is nothing more than a Manhattan minus the booze, like a Virgin Mary versus a Bloody Mary... I could be wrong on that, though.

I dunno, in my drinking days, I was a shot-o'-whiskey-with-a-beer-chaser type...

W

WizO_Pounamu

Of course if the alien is trying to prevent people noticing that they're never drinking alcohol, they might order a colourless juice with an olive in it and pretend it's a martini... hehehe

:p :angel:

- Pounamu

Remove ads