• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Topic Icons on Thread Titles - maybe a bit too colorful?

Forum upgrade! Neat!
But as any good customer that is bothering to post in the Support area of the forums, I am here to complain, whine and moan. :)

On many (all) thread titles in a forum listing, you see a colorful icon indicating the general nature of the topic. Maybe it is just because I am using the Dark forum skin, but it seems a bit too colorful and hard to read and focus on the actual text titles.

I wonder what could be done to improve this. My ideas
1) Put the icon at the end, not at the start of the title (right-aligned, so it's still all neatly organized)
2) Add a unified border around each icon so that the seperation between text and icons is easier.

Maybe I'll get used to it without any change, but I believe there is improvement potential here.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm in bizzaro-diametrically-opposite-complaint-to-what-it-was-before-land! A few weeks ago, folks were saying the colours weren't bright enough to distinguish! :D

I'm in bizzaro-diametrically-opposite-complaint-to-what-it-was-before-land! A few weeks ago, folks were saying the colours weren't bright enough to distinguish! :D

Well, I don't know how it looked before. Maybe there is a compromise. Or a third way?

I never liked those big icons/button thingies anyway, but it seems worse now than, say 6 months ago.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
I think the rub is that some people want those tags and use them and need them to be visible and other people do not really care or do not really want them and need them to blend into the background, and also the skin you're using changes how readable they are.

Personally, I think they're a bit loud on the dark skin, but I'm not sure there's a way to please everyone on this. :close: :area:

I think the rub is that some people want those tags and use them and need them to be visible and other people do not really care or do not really want them and need them to blend into the background, and also the skin you're using changes how readable they are.

Personally, I think they're a bit loud on the dark skin, but I'm not sure there's a way to please everyone on this. :close: :area:
Yes, it may be something you can't fix for everyone.

I don't mind the information itself - it can be quite useful that the cool thread title I am just reading is about My Little Pony and not D&D4 - I just dislike how distracting it is for me.

The same as they do now. :)

They weren't there 6 months ago; that's probably why!

See, now it all makes sense. Now fix it. ;)

Maybe I have to take the light skin, I don'T know. I presume there isn't a way to disable it?

Hmm. MAybe with some clever* ad/spamblocker ware? *ponder*

*) e.g one that ensures Morrus keeps getting richer and richer from his ads but I get more readability.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads