• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[troll]ranger's dual wielding goodness...

Sodalis

First Post
if you are easily offended by the ranger, or people talking about the ranger, please leave now.

the ranger has twf. Is it possible for him to hold a wand in each hand and use the wand twice a round (once per hand) as per twf? i see no legitimate answer for this, but i just wanted to raise it as food for thought......

have fun

pontus

First Post
If you by "use" mean "poke people with" then yes, the ranger may poke people with two wands at the same time. Activating a wand is still a standard action.

SpikeyFreak

First Post
pontus said:
If you by "use" mean "poke people with" then yes, the ranger may poke people with two wands at the same time. Activating a wand is still a standard action.
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

--Suffocating Spikey

jontherev

First Post
Sodalis said:
if you are easily offended by the ranger, or people talking about the ranger, please leave now.

the ranger has twf. Is it possible for him to hold a wand in each hand and use the wand twice a round (once per hand) as per twf? i see no legitimate answer for this, but i just wanted to raise it as food for thought......

have fun

Sure you could, but wands are probably tiny weapons and would only do like maybe 1d2 or 1d3 damage. Also would require a proficiency feat or you'd take a -4 to hit. You'd also probably break them, which would be quite a waste. As for whether or not you could actually USE the spells from two different wands in a round, the answer is yes...but only if you are hasted. It takes a standard action to use one wand. The twf feat is for melee not spells.

Antikinesis

First Post
pontus said:

Dunno... I've always thought of wands as more of a bludgeoning weapon. PHB says it's "just a stick", so I suppose it could be either blunt or piercing.

The blunt version has the advantage of falling into the simple weapons category (a club), so proficiency wouldn't be an issue.

However, the poking version of a wand should incur a -4 to the attack, unless you're inclined to take the appropriate proficiency feat.

"Martial weapon proficiency: sharpened stick", anyone? :)

The poking variety might qualify for weapon finesse, though... hmmm... tough choice.

A related issue... if a wizard made a wand out of a stick big enough to consider it a club, would that require craft wand or craft magic weapon? How about a great club? How about a large stick carved (or "fabricate"-ed, a la the spell) into a war hammer?

The "craft whatever" feats sure leave a lot of wiggle room.

AK

Sodalis

First Post
if a wizard made a wand out of a stick big enough to consider it a club, would that require craft wand or craft magic weapon? How about a great club? How about a large stick carved (or "fabricate"-ed, a la the spell) into a war hammer?

there is a dragon book from S&S that details the creation of wands from dragon bones... and so why not from a stik?

Remove ads