True polymorph and preparing for the world enders

Zmajdusa

First Post
So True polymorph can be used on inanimate objects to turn them into cr 9 or less creatures. After maintaining the spell for the full duration they become creatures permanently. Now for those instances when you know where the big bad is going to show up, and you know it isn't immune to petrification, medusas are incredibly handy. THis is by no means a single character trick, you will need some face/sociable party members to help keep the medusas on your side for the big bad fight. Wall of Force is invisible and provides exellent cover for the Medusa to care bear stare from.

Shayuri

First Post
I may be wrong, but I don't think True Polymorph gives the spellcaster any control over a creature he creates with the spell. Making a medusa, or similar powerful, aggressive creature, may not turn out the way they want.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I may be wrong, but I don't think True Polymorph gives the spellcaster any control over a creature he creates with the spell. Making a medusa, or similar powerful, aggressive creature, may not turn out the way they want.

The OP mentioned needing face/sociable members in order to convince the medusa to be on your side.

And in the short term, while doesn't give control the threat of "if I stop concentrating you go away forever" could be used with an intelligent creature to either coerce or get to calm down to be able to discuss. A medusa would likely not want to petrify someone if they knew it would mean they wouldn't exist anymore. (And then having charismatic characters offering treasure or a lair could be quite useful.)

Remove ads