Level Up (A5E) Twilight Vanish and AOO

Kenedeel

Villager
This ability for the Nightstalker says "On your turn, you can use a reaction to spend 2 exertion to move up to 30 feet with such incredible speed that you seem to disappear, and after moving this way, you may immediately take the hide action." Would this provoke an AOO? It seems like it functionally works like a teleport but with the condition that you need to be able to move to the location through typical movement types you possess.

RAW i think you'd technically take an AOO since it technically isn't a teleport, but i'd rule it as an effective teleport for the sake of AOO since from the description it really might as well be.

xiphumor

Legend
This ability for the Nightstalker says "On your turn, you can use a reaction to spend 2 exertion to move up to 30 feet with such incredible speed that you seem to disappear, and after moving this way, you may immediately take the hide action." Would this provoke an AOO? It seems like it functionally works like a teleport but with the condition that you need to be able to move to the location through typical movement types you possess.
I would say no, personally. At the very least, I would say you get the invisible condition during your movement and the attack is made at disadvantage.

Mike Myler

Have you been to LevelUp5E.com yet?
If your first increment of movement (5 feet) provokes then yeah it does provoke. After that first 5 feet of movement you can immediately take the Hide action, and provided your Stealth check is high enough then after you take the Hide action observers will not see ya (and further movement would not provoke attacks of opportunity).

Remove ads