• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Two new creatures from Mike Mearls! Wrack Spawn & Lash Fiend

Mike Mearls is adapting some 4e material for a home game, and this includes the wrack spawn and lash fiend: https://www.sageadvice.eu/2018/01/02/two-new-creatures-from-mike-mearls/

Two critters for my campaign, creatures spawned by Torog. As written Torog is the god of the Underdark and torture in the Nentir Vale setting, I made him a fiend entombed underground by a curse. His frantic burrowing and malign nature created the Underdark.

Some nice low level fiends.

It will be interesting to see if any of this stuff (or the Lolth patron warlock) ever makes it into anything official. I could see Nentir Vale being the pre-apocalypse setting (maybe where the barriers keeping out all the bad stuff are starting to fail--the Points of Light are on the verge of being snuffed out) as opposed to Dark Sun's post-apocalypse or FR's apocalypse every week.

jaelis

Oh this is where the title goes?
These are pretty neat monsters I think. Seems hard to assign the CRs though, the way their abilities interact.

screen.png

Remove ads