Undead on Juxta...

T

Tharivious_Meliamne

I was just reading over the Juxta setting pages, and a thought occurred to me when looking through the section regarding undead.

As it states presently, ghosts, vampires, and liches are the only forms of undead that can arrive on Juxta.

This brings me to my question. What of death knights?

Traditionally speaking, they would be on par with vampires and liches as generally they are of a similar power level, just more martially inclined than the others. It would seem to me that such beings would stand a similar chance at accessing Juxtaposition as the few types of undead that can.

So, is there an official stance on death knights in regards to Juxta?

W

WizO_Adele

If they have sufficient power to be on par with the higher forms of undead listed, then yes. They could arrive. However, please factor in that Juxta has a power draining effect on undead (which is why lessor forms cannot survive there), so please play accordingly and in a weakened state in comparison to normal.

S

strom griftor

play accordingly? You'd have a better chance of finding a bridge to the moon, than finding someone who will play accordingly.

just an observation

T

Tharivious_Meliamne

Good to know.

I've only seen two death knights in the chats, but I thought it best to ask on the boards anyway. ;)

Mine will certainly be played accordingly on the rare occasion he actually does wind up in the Emporium.

J

Jaya Ballard Balla'th

Wasn't there an Adept storyline that altered the power draining affects from higher-undead? I don't say lifted, because, granted, while I participated, I didn't pay very much attention to the outcome... hehe.

A

Adept_Nathan

The Rule of Undead

Jaya Ballard Balla'th said:
Wasn't there an Adept storyline that altered the power draining affects from higher-undead? I don't say lifted, because, granted, while I participated, I didn't pay very much attention to the outcome... hehe.

"Anything's possible with the power of the roads."

However, the effect was...'unusual' at best. ;)

I'd rule that any form of greater undead can gain access to the plane. Here is a list of suggested rulings for acceptable undead:
  • Any undead that can be summoned with the create greater undead spell
  • Liches
  • Vampires
  • Ghosts and manifestations
  • Death Knights
  • Any creature with the Undead creature type and no less than 10 Hit Dice

Any lesser undead who attempt to access the demiplane of Juxtaposition are instantaneously turned or destroyed, regardless of turn resistance or other forms of magical resistance. If destroyed, their remains are utterly disintegrated, leaving behind only a fine trace of dust.

*snippit*

Also, since the powers of greater undead are weakened on Juxta. Greater Undead lose all supernatural and spell-like abilities, and only retain thier extraordinary abilities....
This leaves those abilities related directly to the physical form/persona of the undead like a vampire's flight and bite/blood drain, power, speed, etc.

Remove ads