[UPDATED] TITANSGRAVE Previews; Plus An "Episode Zero" Announced

Over the last few days, a couple of Titansgrave snippets have snuck out onto the web. Titansgrave is the name of the Wil Wheaton hosted show (a spin-off from the boardgame show, Tabletop) featuring an RPG campaign using Green Ronin's upcoming Fantasy AGE ruleset and Wheaton's own Titansgrave setting.

Over the last few days, a couple of Titansgrave snippets have snuck out onto the web. Titansgrave is the name of the Wil Wheaton hosted show (a spin-off from the boardgame show, Tabletop) featuring an RPG campaign using Green Ronin's upcoming Fantasy AGE ruleset and Wheaton's own Titansgrave setting.

Both Geek & Sundry and Wil Wheaton have teased art items (shown below). Wheaton also posted a short FAQ, which mentions an "Episode Zero" which will explain the basics of roleplaying games before the first Titansgrave episode launches.

The show is called Titansgrave, and launches on June 9th and runs every Tuesday for 10 weeks, ending shortly before Gen Con. The world itself is called Valkana, "a broken and wounded world, a post-apocalyptic land of science fantasy....."

11259322_946157842103343_4013459030967670942_o.jpg

"In this image, you can see a special wizard class we created, which I call the Desmage. The Desmages are huge and burly, like a warrior, because they use their strength to manifest their magical abilities …"

TITAN2.jpg

"...an early rendering of our lizardpeople race, who we call Saurians"

TITAN3.jpg

"We needed to convey to our artists and other creative partners that Valkana is a world where science and magic co-exist, feeding and supporting one another." [read more]

SaveSave

Von Ether

Legend
While I've cooled off on Fantasy AGE for now. I am still intrigued by the show and love the idea of it being a kitchen sink science fantasy setting.

coz

Explorer
I love that he's slipping a bit of Star Trek in there! A little Easter Egg nod to his earlier work?

Saurians: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Saurian_(species)

To be fair, Trek wasn't being very creative when they named their lizard people Saurians, since Saurian is a real world adjective that means lizard like. Other than their brandy, for which they're famous, I don't think we ever see a Saurian in TNG, it's likely Wil just used the real word to describe his lizard people as opposed to referencing Trek's Saurians.

Is it just me, or does that Desmage look like it's got Wil Wheaton's face?

For some reason, I strongly dislike classical fantasy races in science-fantasy or science-fiction settings. I think Shadowrun would be 10x better if it wasn't build on classic fantasy races.

Other than that, Titansgrave sounds awesome.

Remove ads

Remove ads