D&D 5E Vicious Mockery Sorcerer

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
I'm imagining one of the best Controllers. Idea is to be a variant human and pick magic initiate bard for vicious mockery. The other cantrip and spell option isn't that important. The idea is to use metamagic twin spell and the vicious mockery cantrip to cause 2 enemies to have disadvantage.

At level 5 you can pick up Hypnotic Pattern (one of the best AOE control options). Use it on a group of enemies and then on subsequent turns use twin vicious mockery on the unaffected enemies.

Thoughts?

Undrave

Legend
Maybe get Toll the Dead and either Bane or Fairie Fire as your other feat spells.

Could be fun! What kind of Sorcerer would you go for?

FrogReaver

Maybe get Toll the Dead and either Bane or Fairie Fire as your other feat spells.

Could be fun! What kind of Sorcerer would you go for?

I'd probably go dissonant whispers for bonus spell or maybe tasha's.

There's not a particularly great sorcerer subclass for this IMO. I'm leaning divine soul. I like bless early.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Mind Sliver is going to be the new hotness for cantrips when it gets published in TCoE.

Doesn't help you too much right now, unless you plan for using UA content (I am 99% sure it's going to be put into the book as-is thanks to not being changed 3 times in the UA process), but totally something to keep in mind if you are planning to play such a character after this November.

FrogReaver

Mind Sliver is going to be the new hotness for cantrips when it gets published in TCoE.

Doesn't help you too much right now, unless you plan for using UA content (I am 99% sure it's going to be put into the book as-is thanks to not being changed 3 times in the UA process), but totally something to keep in mind if you are planning to play such a character after this November.

I say there's no way that makes it in.

If it does it's top tier though.

Last edited:

Remove ads