• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wacky Sidekick (help me stat it out)

JiffyPopTart

Bree-Yark
OK....so here is my idea for a wacky sidekick character to introduce to the party in room 1 of the Worlds Largest Dungeon...I give you...

Gibby: Half-Doppleganger Lensmen (Beholderkin) Bard 1

His schtick: Using his half-alter-self powers he can take a similar form of any of the 4 party members and charade along with what they are doing, causing great hilarity and giving the party a bardsong effect in the process.

I have the Unearthed Arcana available to give me a doppleganger bloodline, but if there is a half-doppleganger template out there that would be even cooler. Of course I will probably just "wing it" to give him his morphing abilites (since its for comic effect) but the idea that there are rules for a half-doppleganger lensman bard is awesome.

If only the info wasn't spread out over 50 books!

So, my questions to you are...
1. What monster book is the Lensman in?
2. Is there a half-doppelganger template available?
3. How long with Gibby live before being slaugtered by the party?

DS

Felix

Explorer
3. How long with Gibby live before being slaugtered by the party?
And why would the party leave this thing alive for longer than "I got a 17 on my initiative roll" when encountered in a dungeon? At leat Meepo evoked pathos...

Corsair

First Post
Felix said:
And why would the party leave this thing alive for longer than "I got a 17 on my initiative roll" when encountered in a dungeon? At leat Meepo evoked pathos...

When I DM'd Meepo was hiding under a blanket sobbing. The party yanked off the blanket, and with no qualms the cleric turned Meepo into paste with one solid mace hit. :(

PrinceZane

First Post
Corsair said:
When I DM'd Meepo was hiding under a blanket sobbing. The party yanked off the blanket, and with no qualms the cleric turned Meepo into paste with one solid mace hit. :(

Sounds like our party. Somehow one of our guys got crit 4x in 2 rounds by 2 NPCs. So the DM, feeling pitiful, put the PC that got raped in a tomb we were to be inspecting as our next room, mortally wounded (stable at -9). Well, his hand was sticking out from a cuby hole he was stuffed in and the following occurs.

DM - "you see what appears to be an arm coming from the hole"
Our Barb - "I'm going to walk over to it and pull it out. NO! Wait. I'm going to thrust my sword into the palm and drag the body out."
DM - *sighs* "roll..."
Barb - "Hit.... 13 damage, rolled kinda low.."
DM - "You pull out the body of your RECENTLY (as in within the last 2 seconds) killed ally"

JiffyPopTart

Bree-Yark
I plan on Gibby squirming around and being forced into service as a hat by an orc in the first room.

I am hoping they will let him stick around long enough to wonder why his "acting goofy" is giving them a +1 moral bonus on attacks and damage. Once he gives them the bene then he should be safe.

DS

Remove ads