• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warforged and negative levels

Rkhet

First Post
Actually, warforged can't become skeletons either. SRD:

“Skeleton” is an acquired template that can be added to any corporeal creature (other than an undead) that has a skeletal system (referred to hereafter as the base creature).

Aeric

Explorer
Rkhet said:
Actually, warforged can't become skeletons either. SRD:

“Skeleton” is an acquired template that can be added to any corporeal creature (other than an undead) that has a skeletal system (referred to hereafter as the base creature).

Actually, warforged do have a skeletal system of sorts, as described in a recent Dragonshards article (written by Keith Baker himself) on the WOTC website.

The warforged are made using a blend of materials. The core of a warforged is a frame formed from wood, stone, or metal. Bundles of rootlike fibers surround the core and serve as the muscles of the construct. Plates of steel and wood are fused over this layer of tendrils, forming the hard outer shell of the warforged.

Bones, muscles, skin. That's why they're considered living constructs.

I personally really dig the idea of undead warforged. I plan on introducing a warforged death knight in my upcoming Eberron campaign. First time for everything, I suppose. :)

Artoomis

First Post
Primitive Screwhead said:
Now that it interesting!!

Eh.. bad news

Vampire has "A humanoid or monstrous humanoid" as eligible Spawn types.

Living Constructs dont get to come back as undead.

Oops.. I take that back. Skeletons only require a corperal creature :cool:

.. I see an interesting addition on the Karnnathian battleground :)

Well, if you house-rule Warforged to allow them to be subject to Energy Drain then it's kind of a no-brainer to house-rule in that they can become undead, isn't it?

Remove ads