D&D 3E/3.5 Ways to quicken a spell with a 1 minute casting time?

rgard

Adventurer
Hi All,

I'm looking for a way for a character to reduce the casting time of a spell that normally has a 1 minute casting time. I thought about putting the spell on a scroll or ring of spell storing, but if I'm reading the Rules Compendium correctly the casting time remains the same as the original spell.

You can't quicken (feat) a spell of more than one round in casting time.

I believe that prior to the Rules Compendium it was just a standard action to activate the spell from a ring of spell storing or scroll.

So, any ideas? Feats or otherwise?

Thanks,
Rich

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
The Rapid Spell feat, from Complete Divine (affiliate link), might help you there. If your spell's casting time is exactly 1 minute, it might be a little awkward, as per the feat's wording:

A rapid spell with a casting time measured in rounds can be cast in 1 full round. Rapid spells with casting times measured in minutes can be cast in 1 minute, and rapid spells with casting times measured in hours can be cast in 1 hour.

But since it also says that "Only spells with a casting time greater than 1 standard action can be made rapid," which a spell with a 1 minute casting time clearly is, I'd suggest that your DM treat it as though the casting time were 10 rounds (which is the equivalent of 1 minute), since it's clearly supposed to cover spells like the one you're talking about.

Remove ads