Wedding Knight (and beyond?) Interest Check

Redclaw

First Post
It is about twelve years into the reign of King Robert Baratheon, first of that name. The lords of the Seven Kingdoms, never truly at peace with one another, are maintaining acceptable behavior under the threat of the King’s justice. Nobody wants to be the next Balon Greyjoy, feeling the focused ire of Robert, his father-in-law Tywin Lannister, and his friend Ned Stark. That is not, however, the same thing as saying that there is no conflict to be found. It just means the daggers are hidden behind men’s smiles, and the cutting edge of a carefully executed play for power or wealth is the most likely danger to a nobleman or his House.

This is the world you know, and the world into which you are about to venture. For some reason, you have been sent as representatives of your House to attend the wedding of two young nobles whose family holdings neighbor on your own. While you are invited guests, and bestowing friendly congratulations is an important task, nothing is every that simple in Westeros. What else is it that you are expected to do? What do you know of these families? Of the betrothed? What other secrets await you at the wedding?

Hi all,

I've been anxious to try out the ASoIaF system by Green Ronin but have been unable to find a RL group to torment with Martinesque calamity. I was wondering if there might be a few brave souls who would be willing to subject themselves to my *ahem* tender mercies for such an experiment. I intend to use the "Wedding Knight" published adventure as a starting point, but I would love to keep going with some original adventures influenced by the vision and actions of the party.

My intention would be to establish the group of players, and then go through the House design process and character creation as a group, rather than having anyone present individual character concepts prior to the rest.

So, for now, I'd just like to hear who might be interested. If there is enough of a response to require some form of selection process, I will come up with something.

M

MrKen

I wish you luck in finding a group. While on-line gaming can have it's rewards, I need the face to face.

Redclaw

First Post
Thanks. I found a group over on the Order of the Stick forums. Face to face is great, but I like the flexible schedule offered by pbp.

Dalamar

Adventurer
I don't have much experience with the system (well, none. I've leafed through the book), but I'l love to get a chance to see how it runs. It's always the best way to really know a system to get a chance to play.

Remove ads