• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What ECL Would These Hengeyokai Have?

Raven Crowking

First Post
What ECL would you give Hengeyokai if they could turn into the following animals?

Badger
Black Bear
Cat
Crane
Dog
Eagle
Fox
Hedgehog
Horse
Monkey
Mouse
Owl
Polar Bear
Porcupine
Rabbit
Rat
Seal
Sparrow
Stag
Walrus
Weasel
Wolf

I am assuming that the ECL would be based on the animal type rather than on "Hengeyokai" as a whole.

RC

the Jester

Legend
Eeek, that's a tough one. :)

Have to dig out my OA and look in there to even have a clue as to hengeyokai stats and abilities. I remember the 1e version better! :eek: :p

Obviously we haven't played much OA in 3e in my group. :eek:

DreamChaser

Explorer
um...actually hengeyokai from the OA book all have just a +1 ECL. They are all small or tiny animals with no major special abilities so there is no concern over their animal type.

DC

Raven Crowking

First Post
DreamChaser said:
um...actually hengeyokai from the OA book all have just a +1 ECL. They are all small or tiny animals with no major special abilities so there is no concern over their animal type.

DC

Yes, but let us say that we were going to expand the options somewhat. Certainly, some types of animals would be worth an increased ECL?

RC

DreamChaser

Explorer
hmmm. i don't think I would personally allow an animal that involved a higher level adjustment.

but hmmm...let's see

Badger +1
Black Bear +2
Cat +1
Crane +1
Dog +1
Eagle +1
Fox +1
Hedgehog +1
Horse +2
Monkey +1
Mouse +1
Owl +1
Polar Bear +3
Porcupine +1
Rabbit +1
Rat +1
Seal +1
Sparrow +1
Stag +2
Walrus +1/2
Weasel +1
Wolf +2

If your playing under 3.5 rules, remember to change their creature type from Shapechanger to Humanoid (Shapechanger). This drops the LA of the hengeyokai in OA to +0. *

* Reference Dragon #318

Raven Crowking

First Post
Thank you Twiggy & Dreamchaser. I decided to go with Dreamchaser's numbers, dropped by one ECL to make up for changes to the race (which I made fey, which I added some headeaches to courtesy of Goodman Games' Complete Guide to the Fey).

Raven Crowking

Remove ads