What inspires you?

Resayttan13

Villager
I am motivated by the prospect of making a difference in the world. I want to be able to look back on my life and know that I have helped to make things better for other people. This doesn't necessarily mean that I want to be famous or achieve great wealth. Instead, I am inspired by the idea of being able to make a positive impact on those around me.

Ryujin

Legend
I think "inspired" might be too extreme a word but I'm encouraged by people who make gifts, or do good works, while trying to remain anonymous. Clearly I can't do things at even a fraction of the level of a Dolly Parton but the odd small anonymous donation to a worthy cause makes me feel good.

Then there's making gifts for others, with my own hands. If someone needs a little pick-me-up then a small piece of jewellery or a leather craft goes on my to-do list. Nothing big. Just a little something to let them know I see them.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
Along the lines of what I am inspired to do: being a faithful and supportive husband, and being a calm and reliable father. Over the course of my life, a lot of my mental and emotional energy has gone into making sure I could be those things when the tome came, and into maintaining them once I was married and then had kids. My father was neither of those things, so that's probably where that comes from.

In terms of what inspires me? Experiencing, being a part of, and learning about collaborative creative works. Hearing a great score, watching a movie that really works, learning the behind-the-scenes stuff of how those things were made - that kind of thing. Playing RPGs falls into this category for me, and being part of a team that's developing and executing creative work is my absolute sweet-spot.

Resayttan13

Villager
I think "inspired" might be too extreme a word but I'm encouraged by people who make gifts, or do good works, while trying to remain anonymous. Clearly I can't do things at even a fraction of the level of a Dolly Parton but the odd small anonymous donation to a worthy cause makes me feel good.

Then there's making gifts for others, with my own hands. If someone needs a little pick-me-up then a small piece of jewellery or a leather craft goes on my to-do list. Nothing big. Just a little something to let them know I see them.
Agree. I always respect people who try to make a gift with their own hands. The best gifts are always those that are given from the heart))

Resayttan13

Villager
Along the lines of what I am inspired to do: being a faithful and supportive husband, and being a calm and reliable father.
yeah, unfortunately my father is not like that, but I am also trying to develop and grow above myself. Not all of us are perfect, but without work and perseverance, you won’t become perfect

Remove ads