What is going on with Riot Minds?

Mezuka

Hero
Their website is down. They sold Lex Occultum, Ruin Masters and Trudvang to CMON. Free League grabbed Dragonbane from them.

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT
Friends, fans and long time supporters. Today we have a big announcement. Trudvang, Ruin Masters and LexOccultum has been acquired by CMON. It's been a long journey together with you and even though these settings and brand will always be buried deep into our hearts we are confident that CMON will do a great job with these brands going forward.
This is not the end for RiotMinds, but perhaps a new beginning of something else. Let us come back with more info on that. From our hearts we want to say a big thank YOU for supporting RiotMinds and our brands for so many years. Without you this could never happen.
We still have a few products to deliver from our previous Kickstarters and we take full responsibility for those (follow each Kickstarter to see status), but from now on, all new products will be decided by CMON.

Now they are pushing "World of Kensei" of FB.

Thomas Shey

Legend
I backed the Kickstarter of Ruin Masters but I can't say I was impressed with it once I got it. I probably should have listened to the way certain topics were emphasized when they were talking about it.

So that's how Free League got hold of the Drakar och Demoner license.

Also, it seems CMON is collecting RPG things under their umbrella (not too long ago, they bought 2 Little Mice, the producer of the Broken Compass RPG). Will be interesting to see where CMON is heading with those IPs.

agrayday

Explorer
They still have a Ruin Masters Bestiary KS to deliver on. I will say being a backer on a couple of their projects, there was no enjoyment in any part of the process, that includes trying to actually use what they created.

Voadam

Legend
I probably should have taken the month after month of 50% off everything sales, followed by sales of 75% off of everything as a signal that they were shutting down those lines. Wish I had grabbed all the PWYW PDFs before they were gone.

Remove ads