What is Ptolus?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Kristivas said:
How much longer will you be able to buy Ptolus as a book? I really hate PDFs.
According to MonteCook.com, there's only a few hundred left, although I imagine there will still be some in the distribution channels when White Wolf's warehouse has emptied out. But I wouldn't wait until summer if you can afford the (discounted) ENWorld.RPGShop.com or Amazon prices before then.

Turjan

Explorer
Frukathka said:
Arcana Unearthed/Evolved (Malhavoc Press) = Monte Cook's Diamond Throne Campaign Setting.
I think that this is an undue reduction of the books that ultimately hurt their distribution.

Kristivas

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
According to MonteCook.com, there's only a few hundred left, although I imagine there will still be some in the distribution channels when White Wolf's warehouse has emptied out. But I wouldn't wait until summer if you can afford the (discounted) ENWorld.RPGShop.com or Amazon prices before then.

That seems a good deal, but I'm faced with a huge dilemma. The cost of the book is pretty steep (wife-aggro), and in my current area (Poplar Bluff, Missouri - it is as bad as it sounds), not too many people know how to read, let alone role-play. The chance I'll get to use the book within the next year is slim....

Yet, when I can use it, I don't want to have to go with PDFs.

However, that could be years from now, depending if my wife wants to move or not lol.

Agamon

Adventurer
Beter late than never

Ptolus looked interesting, but not interesting enough for me to shell out cover price for it. I realize how huge it is, and it isn't a bad bang for it's buck, but it was difficult to swallow, not knowing if I'd ever even use it.

Amazon had it at a decent price, though. So I ordered it, along with the Collosal Red Dragon. Then I found out here that Amazon wouldn't be getting any copies for a the price they wanted and that my order would forever live in limbo. I even deleted the order last month, as it bugged me to see it sitting there on my order page.

Regardless, I just got an email saying it's on it's way. A pleasant surprise.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Let us know what you think of it when it comes, Agamon. I'm really impressed by the level of detail of so many elements of it. Monte could have sold the Dwarvenhearth chapter as its own (slim) supplement, for instance, but instead, it's just one piece of a big, big pie.

Remove ads