What is the Coolest Type of Plane?

Khorod

First Post
What is the coolest type of plane to roleplay in?
What is the coolest type of plane just to have in the universe?

I like outlandish planes- impossible physics that are not so crazy that a mortal creature would immediately die for being there. So a character can go there, experiment with messed up time, gravity, etc. Then he can move from shock to cunning use of his new surroundings.

I also like planes of supreme energy that plays host to beings of unimaginable power. Godstoppers.

Crothian

First Post
I like the simplicity of the inner planes. Take one single elementa nd explore a thousand different facets of it. Have creatures of ever look and type all made out of this one element. Take other creatures and make them native to this place with special adaption so the element doesn't harm or hinder them.

Warchild

First Post
I like mirror planes. The ones that resemble your own plane, except for a few minor details. Or evens ones that are something like the "evil twin" theory.
If its well done, that sort of plane/adventure/campaign can be real creepy. :)

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
My first preference is Sliders style planes. From big differences (Time flows backwards, world is a giant ocean) to little changes, (one of the PCs is elvis) but still inherently the same world at its core.

Second favorite is the Elemental planes.

Least favorite is the divine planes, or Outer planes. Visiting heaven or hell, or meeting God before you die doesn't appeal to me and seems to break the rules of some questions are unanswerable by living mortals. Knowing what heaven is like before you die changes the entire outlook of the world.

Khorod

First Post
I keep butting my head against the wall of how to make a very prime-like plane that is not simply a magically eccentric other-campaign setting. If I want to do another world/setting, I'll do that.

What sorts of things can ya do to make it ALMOST another setting. Like two steps past Athas in eccentricity.

Remove ads