• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Whats Happening to Lord Raven?

Dire Lemming

First Post
kinem said:
Diplomacy is overpowered, man. Even the strongest and toughest foe is mere putty in the hands of the diplomat. And as soon as the DM realizes it, he is overcome with fear that his mighty creations will pose no obstacles, and he flees in search of easier prey ;)

If you don't like the rules, make you own.

Rhun said:
Lord_Raven will be back eventually, I would guess...over the last yeat he has disappeared several times for fairly long amounts of time, but he always seems to return.

Is... that supposed to be a good thing? :confused:

I wish Nalfeshnee hadn't vanished. His was like the only Planescape game on the board.. or anywhere else as far as I know.

When are some of you cutters going to run a Planescape game?

Rhun

First Post
Dire Lemming said:
Is... that supposed to be a good thing? :confused:

I didn't say that. I was just stating the facts.

Dire Lemming said:
When are some of you cutters going to run a Planescape game?

I have a hard enough time keeping the games I am running going, without trying my hand at something like Planescape. :D

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Well dear friends RL has hit me yet again and it's hard to believe that I haven't been on the boards for over a month :(

Sadly this isn't going to improve in the near future. Which is one reason why I've been delaying making this post.

So firstly I must apologise to the players and DM's in the games that I was running or part of, for dropping the ball yet again! Sadly the recent reshuffle at work has increased my workload to the point that it's now extremely difficult for me to find time to put towards pbp games. Compounding the problem are two other factors.

1) I'm now sharing an office with my boss who can easily view my monitor and
2) I'm now actually enjoying my work again, so I'm trying to focus on doing a good job, instead of spending all of my working hours on pbp games.

So this means that I have to cancel all of the games I was DMing and playing in (which is three from memory, four if you count Rhun's ToEE game. Although he never did reintroduce Jebediah).

I'm really really sorry about doing this, especially to the players of the games I was DMing. Firstly I hate being a disappointment and not living up to my responsibilities and secondly it seems to be my curse to dream big but to never have the time to actually achieve it. If only I could get paid for what I love to do the most.

Like Rhun and others have said, I'm like herpes and always seem to come back so while I may not DM for a long long time, if ever! I'm sure I can find time to play in one or two games. Although I don't expect any DM to hold open any slots for me.

Perhaps if I ever give DMing a try I'll actually learn from my past mistakes and DM a small adventure instead of a huge campaign. If only I didn't love DMing so much :(

ethandrew

First Post
It's quite understandable, so don't worry. We all have lives, some of them are just not as achieved as yours. Good luck with everything and thanks for the game.

Jemal

Adventurer
aw that sucks, man. well, I look forward to seeing you in the future.

the good heroes & villains ALWAYS come back.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Jemal said:
aw that sucks, man. well, I look forward to seeing you in the future.

the good heroes & villains ALWAYS come back.
I'm back! OK perhap I never actually left.

Anyway I'm going to try and be content to be a player (pun intended), so I better start looking for a game to join.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads