• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who here would like to do d20 Modern?

Then let's see where we can get with this.
I don't know if we need to start a new thread, or not, but here are three (very brief) possible scenarios:

Night of the Hungry Yet Ubiquitous Dead(One-shot) Characters are relatively normal folks, who happen to be staying in a motel along the interstate one night...when things take a turn for the gory and surreal.

The Mean Streets (One-Shot or Episodic) Characters are part of an inter-agency strike force dealing with the eruption of crime and violence on an unprecedented scale on the streets of Chicago.

Fighting the Tide (Episodic) Characters are hunters of the supernatural, in a world where the barriers between our world and the realms of shadow grow thin, and an eternal war between ancient civilizations threatens everything.

Which of these, if any, appeal to folks? If none of them do, float any ideas you might have, I'm fairly flexible.

Blarkon Dragonslayer has expressed possible interest in DMing, and as you can see just two posts up, he's come up with a short list of scenarios. He may, however, prefer to play over being the DM. Are you asking because you'd like to DM?

Blarkon Dragonslayer said:
Then let's see where we can get with this.
I don't know if we need to start a new thread, or not, but here are three (very brief) possible scenarios:

I would say that we definitely need a new thread, for OOC/character selection/misc., and that whomever is DMing this puppy should be the one to start said thread.

Night of the Hungry Yet Ubiquitous Dead(One-shot) Characters are relatively normal folks, who happen to be staying in a motel along the interstate one night...when things take a turn for the gory and surreal.

The Mean Streets (One-Shot or Episodic) Characters are part of an inter-agency strike force dealing with the eruption of crime and violence on an unprecedented scale on the streets of Chicago.

Fighting the Tide (Episodic) Characters are hunters of the supernatural, in a world where the barriers between our world and the realms of shadow grow thin, and an eternal war between ancient civilizations threatens everything.

I like The Mean Streets, Fighting the Tide, and Night of the Hungry Yet Ubiquitous Dead, in that order (but will happily play anything!). Right now, I'm more interested in a one-shot but if things turned out so that my plate cleared off a good bit, I could maybe see committing to playing for longer.

Remove ads