Why only YB?

IdentityCrisis

First Post
Maybe I'm missing it, but why don't I see any D&D (or other d20 systems) battles in here? Why no elimination tournaments between Xth-level characters or one-shot battles against monsters a DM wants to test out? Is there another forum here for that?

Kalanyr

Explorer
You're missing it. There's been several threads like that in here (Including the famous Commoner Vs Cat fight, though that might have been on the old boards.). Such threads are still welcome here.

reiella

Explorer
They were in fact on the old boards.

In fact, I believe they may have been back before Fight Club split off from In Character.

For the most part, there's no reason why other gladiatorial/fights couldn't take place here.

Folks occasionally were intimidated by the sheer bulk of YB content that pulsed through here, but largely.

I really don't know.

Kalanyr

Explorer
Nope, Commoner vs Cat was post split. I remember that particular excercise in weirdness, and I didn't pay much attention to YB until after the forum split.

Knight Otu

First Post
As Kal and Reiella said, this would be the board for the sort of battle you mentioned. Indeed, I would welcome these sorts of battle here - everyone posting in those might take a look at You Bastard, and thus prevent it from dying.

Remove ads