Wild Shaping into the tarrasque

HollyKat

Villager
So.

My DM allows access to most books from 3.5 and Pathfinder in his game, and we're doing a level 15 one off. He's allowing me to take the Gargantuan and Colossal epic wild shape feats, and, since we default to pathfinder rules if both systems have a version, that means I'm not limited to HD when I wild shape, only size.

If I can find a way to wild shape into a magical animal (or apply the cold subtype to the tarrasque and use the Frozen Wild Shape feat), I could effectively wild shape into the tarrasque.

Even if I don't get any special tarrasque abilities (because beast shape kind of sucks), I would still be a legend in his campaign.

Are there any ways to achieve this?

dave2008

Legend
So.

My DM allows access to most books from 3.5 and Pathfinder in his game, and we're doing a level 15 one off. He's allowing me to take the Gargantuan and Colossal epic wild shape feats, and, since we default to pathfinder rules if both systems have a version, that means I'm not limited to HD when I wild shape, only size.

If I can find a way to wild shape into a magical animal (or apply the cold subtype to the tarrasque and use the Frozen Wild Shape feat), I could effectively wild shape into the tarrasque.

Even if I don't get any special tarrasque abilities (because beast shape kind of sucks), I would still be a legend in his campaign.

Are there any ways to achieve this?
Are you playing PF2?

HollyKat

Villager
Please let us know if you work this out. I'm about to level a Druid to 15th level. It would be hilarious to be able to do this.

It really just requires your DM playing fast and loose with the rules haha. All I did was Druid 5/Planar Shepherd 10. My DM ignores the epic requirement for epic feats as long as we meet the other pre-reqs. So take Gargantuan Wild Shape and Colossal Wild Shape. Then take the 3.5 feat Aberration Wild Shape. Since Wild Shape is limited by size and not HD in Pathfinder, you can Wild Shape into Cthulhu. With the 9th level ability for Planar Shepherd, you get all Ex, Su and Slas. Toss in an amulet of Wild Shape and Skin of Kaletor and you're wild shaping like a 23rd level druid, that is to say, at will.

If your DM allows this, they are either not very bright, or very confident they know the system well enough they can still challenge you (Mines the latter :) )

DrunkonDuty

he/him
Ah! Love it. Alas, I cannot see the GM allowing stuff that's not from Pathfinder.

When this campaign started it was with a new group and it was decided to play by the RAW and the Core. It is 3 years later we're still doing the RAW thing, although we now allow stuff from beyond the Core Rulebook on a case by case basis. But definitely no non-Pathfinder stuff. <sad face here>

Remove ads