• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

With enough work could A Succubus be The Real Leader of TAROT/The RPG's version of Spectre, and Scorpius/The RPG's version of Blofeld, in A 007 RPG?

JMISBEST

Explorer
I've recently dug out my copy of The 007 Roleplaying Game Rulebook and I've what I think is A Great Idea. What do you think?

With enough work could A Succubus be The Real Leader of TAROT, other then the fact that they survives a lot longer and fills the same role that Spectre does in the films and Scorpius/The Leader of TAROT, survives a lot longer then Blofeld and fills the same role that Blofeld does in the films, in A 007 RPG?

In case your wondering unlike The Film Live and Let Die RPG never actually makes a official ruling saying whether or not Voodoo exists, it leaves it up to The GM, so with enough Work A Succubus Powers could be changed from being Deamonic Powers to being Voodoo Magi

Naturally their would have to be a few changes to how A Succubus Feeds and before you ask I'm adding these things in so that The 007 RPG Versions of Succubus are a lot better then The RPG Versions. In case your wondering I'm not homophobic, but I believe that theirs A High Chance that most if not all Incubi and Succubus are and if I used this idea then before I used it I'd make sure that my group was okay with 1 of the main villains being homophobic

1st is that The Target must be willing, 2nd is that even though he must be willing he can be tricked, 3rd is that both the targets mental age and physical age must be 21 or higher, 4th is no matter the targets actual age he must look at least 19, 5th is that if anyone wants to die and The Succubus is willing to help then she can drain the persons his life away without taking their soul and the 6th is that the only time that A Succubus can sleep with A Women is when the women wants to die and this is The Succubus way of helping her die

JMISBEST

Explorer
I feel like Bond would lose INSTANTLY if Blofeld was a succubus.
That's 1 of The Reasons why The Succubus, if I used 1 in The 007 RPG, would only be the true mastermind and not the 1 that everyone, even The Pcs think is the mastermind

Another thing is that the victim must be willing and unlike humans if The Succubus Victim/would be victim, says no she can't do it and if he refuse's to continue she must stop

The main reason for inventing that rule is because Bonds smart enough to work out what's going on before its too late and the second he refuse's to continue she must stop

I think you've missed the bit were I said that in The 007 RPG theirs no Spectre or its leader Blofeld, rather The RPG has TAROT, in The RPG this organization does everything that Spectre does in the films and actually stays around a lot longer, and its leader Karl Franz Scorpius, in The RPG he does everything that Blofeld does in the films and stays around a lot longer but he may not survive as long as TAROT

I will say that The RPG confirmed that unless The Pcs completely destroy Tarot that it will be around a lot longer then Spectre did in The Films, by which I mean that even if TAROT is completely destroyed Scorpius may not still be alive when that happens

For example unless The Pcs completely destroy TAROT then TAROT is definitely still at the time of A View to A Kill but the last adventure that confirms that Scorpius is alive is The Man With The Golden Gun

JMISBEST

Explorer
Yo, Vodou is a real religion, practiced by currently living people. Treating it as a magic power in an RPG is pretty insensitive.
Sorry I knew that people believed in Voodoo but I didn't know it was A Real Religion. Again sorry. Would it be a better idea if I changed the idea so that both Humans and Succubus can use Voodoo Magic but no Human will ever be as good at Voodoo as A Succubus?

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Sorry I knew that people believed in Voodoo but I didn't know it was A Real Religion. Again sorry. Would it be a better idea if I changed the idea so that both Humans and Succubus can use Voodoo Magic but no Human will ever be as good at Voodoo as A Succubus?
Just have it be magic that isn’t tied to a real-world religion.

Mecheon

Sacabambaspis
Would it be a better idea if I changed the idea so that both Humans and Succubus can use Voodoo Magic but no Human will ever be as good at Voodoo as A Succubus?
This is worse

Frankly I think slapping an actual demon succubus is completely pointless to James Bond stuff and runs so far away from the actual themes of the stories, but, frankly, there's probably been dumber stuff they've done. If you want to slap fantasy into your spy thriller that sometimes tries for realism and other times doesn't? Whatever, you do you, mate, but frankly I don't think it'd add anything when the role can be fulfilled as easily by "Rich corrupt executives". But slapping actual religion Vodou in there is asking for trouble.

Seriously though, why are you even discussing a take on James Bond in the Dungeons and Dragons forum? Here's TTRPG general, have fun.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads