D&D 1E Wizards of the Coast releases MV1 Midnight on Dagger Alley on DriveThruRPG

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Wizards of the Coast have just released MV1 Midnight on Dagger Alley on DriveThruRPG for $9.99. This is the first pay-for-download of an old product that WotC has put out since last July, when they released the Gamma World Referee's Screen. Their more recent PDF releases have been for free.

One thing to keep in mind is that Midnight on Dagger Alley is a solo adventure, and was meant to be played using a "magic viewer" (hence the module code), a red-tinted lense (which came included with the adventure's original print release) to read areas of the text that are otherwise obscured. This particular gimmick was also used in CM5 Mystery of the Snow Pearls. While I haven't downloaded this new release, I'm uncertain as to whether or not a substitute for the magic viewer and/or the obscured text have been included.

EDIT: Props to @Dire Bare for pointing out that, as per the preview, the PDF has made the obscured text from the original readable!

Please note my use of affiliate links in this post.

Last edited:

TheLibrarian

Explorer
I also still have an original copy and thought it was a pretty cool idea back in the day.

Haha. I think I paid $1 for it when K.B. Toys was selling off all the first edition stock as second edition was coming out.

Dire Bare

Legend
I'm uncertain as to whether or not a substitute for the magic viewer and/or the obscured text have been included.
If you click on the "full-size preview", you'll see the "hidden" text is revealed . . . you won't need a digital "magic viewer" to use this D&D ebook!

Richards

Legend
I also still have an original copy and thought it was a pretty cool idea back in the day.

Haha. I think I paid $1 for it when K.B. Toys was selling off all the first edition stock as second edition was coming out.
Likewise. I brought it with me on alert to while away the hours of night shift while my crew partner was on his sleep shift, back in my missileer days. I distinct recall an encounter with an osquip, which was the first time I'd seen that particular creature in an official publication other than the Fiend Folio.

Johnathan

Remove ads