• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wonderland

zurui_kitsune

First Post
First, a quick hello since I'm a new person. Second, I just wanted to see what people thought about the campaign I'm currently running.

A few years ago, I ran a few multi-shots taking place in "Wonderland," as based on the books. The players had to go through a garden of talking flowers, cross a chess board to get to the croquet fields of the Queen, stuff like that. They had been hired by Alice to do all this, because the Queen of Hearts was holding the Knave of Hearts captive. It was revealed, in the course of all this, that Alice was the embodiment of Travel, but that she could only travel where the PCs had in Wonderland. Most of the players seemed to enjoy it to some degree, but I felt that some things were missing.

So, lately I wanted to revisit Wonderland. I asked a few of my former players if they'd be interested in an actual campaign based in Wonderland and got affirmatives. Right now, they're in the Queen of Heart's Crystal Mines (for those familiar with the game 'Alice' or some of the new novels that have taken Wonderland as a topic may recognize the concept). The Queen rules over most of Wonderland, but there's civil war going on. Alice has split apart and taken over the land separated by the Looking-Glass Cliffs (guarded by the fearsome Jabberwocky, of course). This includes the Jungle of Talking Flowers and the Rabbit-Hole Mines (which also produce the crystals that are currency here). Here, too, is where the Unicorns and the Lions fight up and down and all around.

In the rest of Wonderland, I'm having a few more issues. There's currently the Sea of Tears, Chessboard Desert, the Mad Tea Party Republic (unrecognized by the Queen, of course), Caucus City (where the races are held), the Mushroom Forest (where the Caterpillar dwells), the Croquet Palace (where the Queen of Hearts lives), and the Duchess' Place, i.e. Pig Cottage. These are all places I'm hoping the PCs will eventually go, but I'm looking for maybe a few more ideas, that could be manageable in a world-building sense. They, of course, need to be Wonderland-themed, though I'm flexible as to just what Wonderland it is (non-canon is fine). The White Rabbit has already entered the story as what got the PCs into Wonderland (whether or not they intentionally wanted to follow the White Rabbit, they did).

Also, if people don't mind making comments or suggestions on the very idea of a Wonderland campaign setting, I'd love to hear some. A few of my friends have thought it was sort of silly, but...

lemmingmass said:
The question is, do you have rules for Cricket?

Speaking as an American, I'm required to ask if *anyone* has rules for cricket.

That sounds like a really cool campaign, zurui_kitsune. The Mad Tea Party Republic is perfect.

And welcome to ENWorld!

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
shilsen said:
You mean croquet, right?

I can see the Mad Hatter playing Cricket (because who but a mad man plays a game that consists of standing around ALL day and that actually has Tea Breaks written into the rules -HeheHaha:))

as to OP you need to have the Oyster Beach where the Walrus and the Carpenter live...

Mishihari Lord

First Post
TerraDave said:
These do not have such a good reputation. But I always found them a fun read, and still hope to torture players, er, enjoy them someday.

I ran them some time back in the '80s. They were fun, but they're definitely not for a serious campaign.

Remove ads